1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raised white flag!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by meath man, Feb 5, 2005.

1. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Ive given uo trying to find a decent widescreen tv. 100htz tvs are to prone to problems and 50htz dont have enough scart connections for me.
    IVe decided to go for a 21' 4:3 tv with 2 scarts. Does anyone know a good 21' tv that gives a good picture through a sky+ and also provides decent dvd pictures?

2. anthony2k5

anthony2k5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

JVC AV-28T4 is a widescreen 50hz with 3 scart sockets I believe...

Or you could go down to the non-flat model which also has 3 scarts, but really does look bargin basement!

have you looked into these?

3. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have looked at the jvc models, but i seriously doubt the quality of the models ive seen. I could pick up the t4 for 500 euro. but as i say i dont want to waste money on a below average tv just because it has the number of scarts i want

4. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    You seem to want what you would call a above average TV but not willing to pay the price!
    If you think a nice "SONY" is better quality why not pay the price, I am thinking about buying a JVC myself.
    Nigel

5. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Why not find a TV you like and buy a good scart switcher to make up for the lack of sockets?

6. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Ive got no problem spending the extra money for a good quality tv. I paid 1100 euro for the sony kv-28fq86 which turned out to be a nightmare and the second one i got went back last week. The only 50 htz tv ( non-digital as im in the rep of Ireland) that hasnt got much abuse is the sony kv-28hx15. However im worried to go for anther one of sonys new line of crts because of the problems i had with the last one- it has only got 2 scarts as well.
    Also, could someone provide me with an internet link for a top quality automatic scart switcher box in case i decide to go down that road.

7. davidcotton

davidcotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  8. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have seen a 28" (Schiender with 3 scarts) widescreen for £200 in woolworths, if you have a woolies in Ireland.
    Nigel

9. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It says that it has 4 rgb scart imputs. What does this mean? The tv i might be getting only has one rgb enabled scart imput and i was intending to put my sky+ box through this. if i but the av control centre box through the non-rgb enabled scart will i still get an rgb signal to for example my pioneer 575 dvd player?