Raised by Wolves (HBO Max/Sky) Season 2 Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

The finale 😳😂

I love this show…no matter what you expect, it is 100 times more disturbed! Some of the body horror elements really get to me.

As I wrote in the other thread, I hope the writers are told season 3 is the last.

The plot adds extra mystery with each episode, but rarely answers any earlier questions and is making glacial progress towards answering the major story arc.

It's pretty to watch, but plots need occasional resolution to be interesting, otherwise it's just a sequence of random events.

As I wrote in the other thread, I hope the writers are told season 3 is the last.

The plot adds extra mystery with each episode, but rarely answers any earlier questions and is making glacial progress towards answering the major story arc.

It's pretty to watch, but plots need occasional resolution to be interesting, otherwise it's just a sequence of random events.
I'm not even sure what the questions are anymore that need answering.

Who or what is sol, and does that explain all the other weird stuff?
I can't remember who the believers/Atheist's are or were now.
Are one of these groups supposed to be the baddies?

Which group sent Mother/father to that planet and did they know they were going to a planet not only already inhabited by other humans but also inhabited by Humans many years earlier?

It remind me a bit of Lost, where the questions keep racking up but the answers are not forthcoming.

Which group sent Mother/father to that planet and did they know they were going to a planet not only already inhabited by other humans but also inhabited by Humans many years earlier?

It remind me a bit of Lost, where the questions keep racking up but the answers are not forthcoming.
I’ve seen a few make a lost comparison now. But everything seemed “answered” to me personally. In fact it was quite blatant in throwing things straight out there sometimes within the same episode.

As for the baddies, I don’t think either faction are supposed to be singled out. They’re both pretty shitty groups doing what it takes to survive.

The two factions are the Mithraic (believers) and the Atheists, neither come out well but initially the Mithraics appear more to be the baddies. During the religious war on earth between the Mithraic and the Atheists, it was the Mithraics that won largely through the use of Necromancer technology which they'd learnt through their scripture. This may mean it was signals from Sol that originally defined this technology for those on earth to use later.

It was an Atheist that sent mother and father by reprogramming a Mithraic Necromancer android to function as a caregiver.

From what I can remember they didn't know the planet had been inhabited when mother/father were sent instead it was the nearest habitable planet to earth although I thought it had implied the Mithraics went there because of their scripture. I found it quite odd in the second series that no-one seems at all bothered they've found clear evidence not just of previous human civilisation but a directly compatible Android with their own systems.

The two factions are the Mithraic (believers) and the Atheists, neither come out well but initially the Mithraics appear more to be the baddies. During the religious war on earth between the Mithraic and the Atheists, it was the Mithraics that won largely through the use of Necromancer technology which they'd learnt through their scripture. This may mean it was signals from Sol that originally defined this technology for those on earth to use later.

It was an Atheist that sent mother and father by reprogramming a Mithraic Necromancer android to function as a caregiver.

From what I can remember they didn't know the planet had been inhabited when mother/father were sent instead it was the nearest habitable planet to earth although I thought it had implied the Mithraics went there because of their scripture. I found it quite odd in the second series that no-one seems at all bothered they've found clear evidence not just of previous human civilisation but a directly compatible Android with their own systems.
Not just 100% compatible robot technology, but identical religious imagery too. But then we have to accept robots and creatures that can fly without any obvious means, robot eyes that give powers to humans if swallowed and a dozen other random oddities.

Well that was a bit of rollercoaster!! Of a good story, a bad story, some dodgy CGI, and some bonkers plot twists!

I'm still a paid up member of the wolfpack though.

They should get someone to pick it up for a final season at least. It actually ended well enough with some serious questions needing answers.

I can't believe they have cancelled the show now... 😭

They should get someone to pick it up for a final season at least. It actually ended well enough with some serious questions needing answers.
My problem with it was that there were always too many questions that needed answering, and I never had the confidence the writers themselves knew the answers.

As I wrote previously, it reminded me of Lost. The writers loved inventing mysteries, but weren't any good at resolving them.

I think most people had lost track of what was going on. Someone else wrote they weren't sure who were the good guys any more.

In short, it had amazing promise, looked beautiful, but the writing was weak.

Peacock, your time has come…

Absolutely gutted by this. Yeah, there was some blatant budget restraints in the second season but when you actually have this level of creativity and imagination it’s always going to be difficult to visualise. I loved the show, the creativity and daring to push away from focus group entertainment was always going to be a risk, but I was hopeful enough saw it’s art as I did.

I certainly don't disagree that it had many questions to answer, and it was certainly dodgy in parts. However I think it was trying to tell an ambitious and bold story, and I suspect that intricacy just became too much for people during the 2nd season; who were wanting some sci-fi action in the Ridley Scott mould.

I really hope it does get picked up just to give some closure.

My problem with it was that there were always too many questions that needed answering, and I never had the confidence the writers themselves knew the answers.

As I wrote previously, it reminded me of Lost. The writers loved inventing mysteries, but weren't any good at resolving them.

I think most people had lost track of what was going on. Someone else wrote they weren't sure who were the good guys any more.

In short, it had amazing promise, looked beautiful, but the writing was weak.

I completely agree. The writers/producers obviously didn’t have confidence of a 3rd season, and were throwing ideas at the wall to see what stuck.

Is frustrating because there will be no end to the story, which would have been nice given that we effectively pay for the shows with our subscriptions and invested our time watching it. Most questions obviously had no answers, it was just silly nonsense, but it would have been nice to have a completed arch. At least some shows film an optional final episode just in case.

At the end of the day, its down to viewing figures. It was a mess and obviously didn’t appeal to enough people.

This show has great qualities one minute and it feels like very bad B movie the next. I thought the androids were top class acting, let down by the rest. I could not warm to the children and thought Campion was particular bad. Marcus still reminded me too much of Ragnor Lothbrok from Vikings.

But I still would have liked to have seen the story to continue.

This show has great qualities one minute and it feels like very bad B movie the next. I thought the androids were top class acting, let down by the rest. I could not warm to the children and thought Campion was particular bad. Marcus still reminded me too much of Ragnor Lothbrok from Vikings.

But I still would have liked to have seen the story to continue.
As I wrote somewhere else, when the most likable character is an emotionless android that tells bad jokes, the show has serious issues.

Bloody hell. I finally watched the last 3 episodes today then found out it's been cancelled. Oh well. Another one bites the dust. I wish writers had a way to let fans know what would have happened but I guess they want to hang onto their secrets in case they reuse them, or the series gets picked up elsewhere.

Bloody hell. I finally watched the last 3 episodes today then found out it's been cancelled. Oh well. Another one bites the dust. I wish writers had a way to let fans know what would have happened but I guess they want to hang onto their secrets in case they reuse them, or the series gets picked up elsewhere.
Really disappointed tbh even if the budget cuts in S2 definitely showed

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom