• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RainSoft Home Water Conditioner/Purifier - Anyone else have one at home?

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
Hi All, :hiya:

We've been living at our property for just over a year now and the minute we moved in we noticed that the water quality was appalling. Could tell this without any tests as it smelled really bad coming from the taps, had loads of bits floating in it, a nasty looking film on top and simply tasted dreadful.

Further research told us that the quality of water in our area (Oxfordshire) is notoriously harder than average and of really poor quality. From day one in our current home we have been drinking bottled water which over time has starting to add up cost wise.

Last week we decided to do something about it and get in a reputable company to thoroughly test our water and advise us on our options going forward. Alas, 5 days later we now have a RainSoft Home water conditioner/purifier sat outside underneath our kitchen window. Quite a big piece of kit I must say but so far we are extremely pleased with the results as drinking water via the Reverse Osmosis filtration system is as pure as I have ever tasted. The cold water from the taps is crystal clear, and feels almost silky to touch.

I do however have a question to any plumbers or experts in these systems who may be reading this, as I am not particularly savvy in the plumbing & heating dept!! The Water purifier device has been connected to our water mains at the stop cock position under the kitchen sink. One pipe leads the water back outside, through the filtration system and then a 2nd pipe feeds the filtered water back inside the house for it to flow though our pipes. Now this might sound a silly question to most, but I have to be certain here... We have a combi Boiler that sits in the loft which controls the hot water and central heating. Is the water that passes though the combi boiler and which eventually reaches the hot taps the same filtered water that is also fed to the cold taps?

Many thanks for your time and apologies if this may seem a noob question. :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom