1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rainbow Six Lockdown

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Cowden_harley, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Whats everybodies stance on this who's gettin it?

Got a decent review in the official xbox magazine.

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Same game, different name

3. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    lol I would tend to agree.

4. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    but black arrow was great, had mine on pre order for months as it has been delayed for ages

5. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Completely different design tream to the other RS games apparently.

According to some of the Forums Clan memebers, the preview edition that has been available for a few weeks is very poor.

That said it is supposed to be a six month old version that may have been improved during the delays.

I cancelled my pre-order to wait and see once its out....

6. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

I was gutted when I played the new demo version :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Terrible graphics.

7. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83

me too...how they had the front to release that abomination is beyond me :(

the full game needs a lot of improvement before i part with my hardearned cash.

8. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    I cancelled my order when I played the demo. It cant of done ubisoft any good releasing this rubbish. Lockdown got a good review from OXM, not that means anything. I will wait untill forum members post info on the full game.

9. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Had confirmation from Play that its been posted

10. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Well, I played this for a bit last night on the single player missions - haven't had chance to go online with it yet

But, going into it with preparing to be really disappointed I have to say I think its actually a pretty decent game based on the few minutes i actually played it.

The Enemy AI does suck on normal difficulty, but then i bought it to play on Live really. The controls, Graphics and sound don't seem to disappoint and these seemed to be criticised heavily from the demo. However, the range of controls available to your team mates seem to work well and while it definitely has been made more simplistic (or accessible), it doesn't detract too much.

Also the recoil seems to work and you have to be really accurate with aiming and squeeze off small bursts. The actual characters look detailed and move smoothly and the backgrounds and physics.

my recommendation is if you want the single player game, then rent it to see if you like the changes (as i said the AI is not good). However, for the AV forums boys who used to play RS6 BA, then its at least worth renting to give it a go on live i reckon

11. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    holtehero :hiya:

How do rate it compared to the other 2 games. Where would you put it? First, Second or third?

Let us know how you get on with live. :smashin:

Cheers

12. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Razor,

I would put RS6 BA before this at the moment, doesn't feel quite the same on single player - more simplified, but i expected that from the previews

however, i was expecting the graphics to be a real let down and this hasn't been the case so far and also the controls seem fine and familiar from the previous one

I plan on trying Live tonight to see what happens

13. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Cheers again holtehero.

I was so looking forward to this release. Live play is what I am interested in as the last 2 games were great online. The demos graphics seemed very grey and blurry to me. A bit of a mess, but the screen shots looked ok. :confused:

I will await for view on live play. :smashin:

14. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Right, played this online last night and ended up playing till 1am :rolleyes:

Ok, first the good bits:

PEC mode
    =======
    This seems to add a certain something to the proceedings. I guess its a bit like counterstrike in that you pick a class and then through gaining experience you get to add abilities and extras to your character. I actually like it and for clans/groups of mates, it will be interesting as you will need a mix of commandos, medics and Spec Ops to play well as all have different abilities

Live Interface
    ==========
    Much better than GR2 and familiar to the last RS6 game, also feels more modern than BA.

The bad:

Bugs
    ===
    The game updates as soon as you go on live. Also, it seems a bit temperamental especially if you have americans in your room there can be random issues with being kicked out, though this doesn't happen that often- i imagine this will be fixed

Also, as the game is new there aren't a lot of servers, though the UK release date is today, which should improve things hopefully. Also, most of the people i played with thought it was a really good game

All in all, IMHO the graphics are good, the controls decent and its worth at least a rent to try. I think if you like RS6 BA you will like this though whether it offers much new is debateable. With the 360 a couple of months away it does give something new to play and the maps (though limited) seem to be good.

Hopefully there will be some fixes for the little bugs and also map updates similar to GR2

15. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    just played this online having racked up hundreds of hours on both RB6 3 and RB6 3 black arrow (loved the first one to bits).

it feels sloppy, you move stupidly fast (like counterstrike almost), and is nowhere near as simulatory (word?) as RB6 3 and BA

its pants. end of story!

16. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    :rolleyes: Humm makes you wonder why they bothered if its similar to BA, I mean all this time to develop since the first RS3 (as BA was really a rehash with new maps) and all they can do is mess it up by the sound of it. I shall be giving this a miss I mean its only 8 weeks or so to 360.

Matt

17. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I've only just played the game for 15 minutes, but on first impressions, it seems a bit less tactical than RS3 and a lot better looking. It also loads a lot faster, and the menus seem a bit easier to navigate. A bit dumbed down from RS3 but in a good way, in my opinion. I can't be bothered with all the tactical planning normally, so be able to jump straight it and plan it from ear is good.