rainbow on optoma h50

Z

zombie001

Hi

I got one of the optoma H50's about a week ago, had a demo and it looked great no rainbow.

Got it home, set up and started to notice rainbows after a few hours. Trouble is now that I have seen one I can see them all the time.

Is there anyway to stop this? or is my only option to trade it against a lcd rather than a dlp. Can I be traded at all?

Or have I just bought a clanger.:eek:

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a salutory lesson for anyone considering a single-chip DLP device and is immediately attracted by the blackness of black from these.

I am not aware of any solutions, although it may be possible to up the refresh rate with an external scaler/processor. Others here will know more than I on this topic.

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
I have heard of people getting used to rainbows, and no longer or rarely see them after they have put a further few hours on the machine.

Living with it may help to acclimatise to it, but if you have to take it back within a certain time period, you may not have this luxery.

Did you increase the brightness? Sometimes a brighter image can make them more noticable IIRC.

Gary.

Z

zombie001

Hi All

Well I have the Christmas period to play with it. If things don't improve then my only option is to replace it.

Its a shame because I like the projector.

Thanks for your advise. Best regards zombie001

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom