Railway Map App

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by williamus, Feb 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. williamus

williamus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Got involved in a thread on the Rail UK Forum about Railway maps, tracking, times etc and came across this:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/great-britain-rail-by-zuti/id439294183?mt=8

I've taken a punt and shelled out £2.99 on it and although I've not used it in anger yet, it looks as it could be really good. It's the maps that make this one stand out and ability to show station information as well as live train times and train status.

It's not entirely intuitive and you have to toggle between some views and, say, train times but at first look it does all seem to be there and for £2.99 it seems a bit of a bargain.

If anyone wants to see some screen prints let me know.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  2. waveydavey13

waveydavey13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I'll stick with the National Rail app (which this appears to be getting it's live running info from). Only thing it has that National Rail app doesn't is the maps, (Live departure/arrival boards and live train running info are both in the National Rail app), but isn't that what the google maps app is for????

Cheers

Dave.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  3. williamus

williamus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I think the point is that the map is a dedicated Rail map which is integrated into the App and it's quite useful for planning and just browsing. If you don't need or want that, then the National Rail App or the now overpriced UK Train Times (the very first App I ever bought!) together with a toggle to Google Maps is fine.

Cheers!