1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raiders Pic Quality on BBC

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Kevo, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    That has to be the worst pic I have ever seen on DTV.
    It lacked colour, contrast and was VERY grainy and dull.
    Yet the analog broadcast was OK
    (MUCH better than digital in fact).

It didn't look like it was digital problem, more like the film print looked extremeley worn, like one of those old 50s technicolor films. This seems unlikely as it was a WS transfer and the first time it was aired on British TV.

Why did the 4:3 version on analog look so much better?

I take it they show two different versions...P&S on analog and WS Ananamorphic on DTV. In which case you would of thought the quality to be the other way round as the P&S version has been shown countless times on BBC.

I watched it (for about 10 mins before I could take no more) on NTL Cable and at first I thought it was my TV playing up when my friend phoned to tell me it was just as bad on his TV (Sat digital). I shudder to think what it was like on ITV Digital!

I even recorded on SVHS, intending to keep but I think i'll just wipe it off and wait for the DVD later this year which hopefully will be a better quality picture.

So called 'Broadcast Quality' seems to have gone out of the window recently what with ITV Sport and their 'LegoVision'.

The day they switch off analog is going to be a very sad day indeed.

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,183
    Hi Kevo

I must admit to being happily suprised by the picture quality of the film (analogue) last night, I have seen it played before on the BBC and I remember it being very much worse than it appeared last night, bodes well for the quality of the disc when/if it is ever finally rerleased, or then again as Lucas has a say in the matter it may not!!:rolleyes:

Si

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,375
    Hi Kevo

More replies to this fault in your other thread Indiana Jones Trilogy on BBC.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kevo,

I totally agree with you, I have telewest digital tv, the picture of Raiders last night was bloody awful! How old is the film, 50years old!!!!! The people who are going to the DVD have got there work cut out!