Raiders of the Lost Ark in HD this weekend

What's the betting they mess up the audio ?

I've never had a problem with the films on BBC HD - Holes last weekend looked and sounded great, and The Girl With The Pearl Earring, shown earlier this year, was fab. I think they struggle with live broadcasts (esp. footie) but films seemed to be on the money.

Looking forward to this. As nialli says, films are usually pretty good on BBCHD.

I just hope they sort out the stuttering sound problem from last night :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this. As nialli says, films are usually pretty good on BBCHD.

I just hope they sort out the stuttering sound problem from last night :rolleyes:

Didn't know about stuttering sound - did it affect the 10.30 Heroes (which I've recorded but not watched) ? :(

Haven't yet watched the 10.30 Heroes either (or The Invisibles straight after). Fingers crossed.

BBC HD is showing Raiders of the Lost Ark in HD on Sunday! Hurrah! More here.

Did this happen ?. My programme guide indicated something else at this time and to add insult to injury BBC1 SD was showing it in 4:3 format.

Did anyone experience a thin blue line cutting down the screen yesterday during Raiders of the Lost Ark? it appeared in several scenes i also had 3 screen freezes sound was ok tho

Yes - it was the print itself. Remember it's now a 27 year old film and didn't look like it had been re-mastered. Hi-Def shows up these little blemishes which is why most HD DVD / Blu-Rays are sourced from a revised print. :smashin:

I still had the sound stuttering problem and the picture actually froze 3 times in the first half of the film. :thumbsdow

Cheers BikeNutt i spent half the night looking for a fault in my plasma ruining the film. Lets hope they get it right today with National Treasure:smashin:

Several freezes for me too, although that didn't spoil it too much.

Was it just broadcast in stereo? My Onkyo stayed put on PLII when it started and I didn't find any obvious settings on the V+ to make it surround. When I realised I wasn't getting 5.1, I was tempted to fish out the SD-DVD and watch that instead. I feel like I only experienced half a film :(

Was 5.1 via Sky HD. The Sky customers also reported a blue line down the middle.

I'm :censored: fuming that the beeb arent'y showing Temple of Doom in HD next week. They best be showing Last Crusade in HD :mad:

I realised I wasn't getting 5.1, I was tempted to fish out the SD-DVD and watch that instead. I feel like I only experienced half a film :(

If you have V+ connected by HDMI to a non 5.1 screen you need to select HDMI Audio Override ON in the audio settings to get 5.1 via the optical or atleast i did anyway since i dont have a HDMI amp i couldnt comment if its possible over HDMI

I'm :censored: fuming that the beeb arent'y showing Temple of Doom in HD next week. They best be showing Last Crusade in HD :mad:

:mad::mad: I was Just going to look if it was scheduled aswell

If you have V+ connected by HDMI to a non 5.1 screen you need to select HDMI Audio Override ON in the audio settings to get 5.1 via the optical or atleast i did anyway since i dont have a HDMI amp i couldnt comment if its possible over HDMI

Yes, the over-ride option will give you DD5.1 over HDMI too. Not all stuff on BBCHD is DD5.1 though. Some stuff is 2.0

Raiders and National Treasure were both 5.1 (NT made pretty good use of the .1 too :D)

It's so stupid that there's no Temple Of Doom in HD this weekend, apparently the Radio Big weekend is just THAT important? But according to the Virgin Media HD blog Last Crusade should be in HD the next weekend!

Does anyone know where the guy thats writes the VMHD blog would get his schedule info from? The latest info I can get from the BBC website is for next Friday.

It's so stupid that there's no Temple Of Doom in HD this weekend, apparently the Radio Big weekend is just THAT important? But according to the Virgin Media HD blog Last Crusade should be in HD the next weekend!

Does anyone know where the guy thats writes the VMHD blog would get his schedule info from? The latest info I can get from the BBC website is for next Friday.

I can answer that, seeing as it's me :cool:

If you go to the Radio Times site and select the TV tab, you can get schedules for the next two weeks. Although there are only buttons for the forthcoming week, to the right of those there's a drop down menu that has the next fourteen days. (As of today, Friday 9, there's listings through to Thursday 22). Add BBC HD to your channel list and voila.

Good news: if you check out Sunday, May 18 you'll see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is showing on BBCHD at 8pm (I'd feared it would be bumped for the Chelsea Flower Show, but that's showing earlier). Here's the full Radio Times blurb:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Film

Sunday 18 May
8:00pm - 10:00pm
BBC HD

Action adventure in which the intrepid explorer Indiana Jones sets out to rescue his father, a medievalist who has vanished while searching for the Holy Grail. Following clues in the old man's notebook, Indy arrives in Venice, where he enlists the help of a beautiful academic. But they are not the only ones who are on the trail, and some sinister old enemies soon come out of the woodwork.

High definition
Cast
* Harrison Ford,Sean Connery,Alison Doody,Denholm Elliott,Julian Glover,River Phoenix

Directed by: Steven Spielberg

Filmed in: 1989

Thanks nialli! I've been a fan of your blog for a while now, got the V+ box installed a week or so after getting my first HDTV and being able to see exactly what HD is available on Virgin Media thanks to your site has been a HUGE help!

Thanks nialli! I've been a fan of your blog for a while now, got the V+ box installed a week or so after getting my first HDTV and being able to see exactly what HD is available on Virgin Media thanks to your site has been a HUGE help!

No probs. Hope your On Demand service and red button are fully functional, as that's where VM's HD offering is likely to expand in 2008

No probs. Hope your On Demand service and red button are fully functional, as that's where VM's HD offering is likely to expand in 2008

I don't honestly think I've touched the red button since we got the V+ box. When you say functional do you mean just flat out not working or just no access to certain services like news multi screen on BBC news 24?

I don't honestly think I've touched the red button since we got the V+ box. When you say functional do you mean just flat out not working or just no access to certain services like news multi screen on BBC news 24?
To (currently) access BBC iPlayer, you need to press the red button whilst on a BBC channel. Takes around a minute to load, but is then pretty smart in its operation. There's talk of them possibly supplying BBC HD programmes via iPlayer.

To (currently) access BBC iPlayer, you need to press the red button whilst on a BBC channel. Takes around a minute to load, but is then pretty smart in its operation. There's talk of them possibly supplying BBC HD programmes via iPlayer.

Tried it today and it worked fine!

If they put HD content on Iplayer there's no way to get it on the V+ HDD is there? And is all Iplayer content available for a limited time? Whenever I've used it there always seems to a be a very short span of time it's available for.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom