Raiders of the Lost Ark (BBC HD on Sunday)

jon smith

Prominent Member
Reaction score
... a quick heads up cos Indy is on BBC HD this Sunday at 8.05pm.

i'm guessing it will be stereo again?

PQ is great, looks lovely:cool:

I don't have HD sat, but was wondering...

Is it cropped to 16:9 or are they showing it letterboxed in it's original 2.20:1 aspect ratio?

Can't help noticing it's being broadcast in 4:3 on SD :suicide: :nono:

I don't have HD sat, but was wondering...

Is it cropped to 16:9 or are they showing it letterboxed in it's original 2.20:1 aspect ratio?

Can't help noticing it's being broadcast in 4:3 on SD :suicide: :nono:

there showing it letterbox 2.20 pq is excellent big differance to bbc1 showing:clap:

Its being shown 2.35:1 OAR as far as I can tell(not 2.20:1 as mentioned above), and looks very good on my LX608D.
Only problem I,ve noticed is a very thin vertical blue hairline down the middle of the picture in certain scenes. Anyone else noticed it, although now it seems to have disappeared.

It has just reared its ugly head slightly during the fight and plane rotor scene.

Sorry if this is such a novice question... but how can a film be available in HD on telly when it isn't available on any format yet?

Does the BBC get the print from the studio?

dammit i missed it!!!!

Sorry if this is such a novice question... but how can a film be available in HD on telly when it isn't available on any format yet?

Does the BBC get the print from the studio?

Studios have been producing HD masters for TV for a decade, this would have been requested by the BBC and come from the distributor.
The big problem is movie content for TV has for the most part had little cleaning or restoration (that is left for remastering for recent DVD and HD releases) so catalogue titles never look as good as they could.

Only problem I,ve noticed is a very thin vertical blue hairline down the middle of the picture in certain scenes. Anyone else noticed it, although now it seems to have disappeared.

It has just reared its ugly head slightly during the fight and plane rotor scene.

Yep, part of the broadcast.

is the thin blue line on the DVD?

Its being shown 2.35:1 OAR as far as I can tell(not 2.20:1 as mentioned above), and looks very good on my LX608D.

interesting as i thought the quality was very average, and thats ignoring all the work thats need to clean up the dirt etc, looked like an upscaled image at best very little detail in it, the SD broadcast was awefull thou.

my amp was showing 5.1 sound

I thought the picture was a vast improvement on my DVD boxset version. They are showing temple of Doom next week, so just a heads up!

I thought the picture was a vast improvement on my DVD boxset version. They are showing temple of Doom next week, so just a heads up!

But by the looks of it it wont be on BBCHD, just an SD broadcast.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom