Raiders of the Lost Ark (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
Anyone else’s turn up today ?
image.jpg

rulocal

Distinguished Member

Apone

Got my HMV order yesterday. Not had a chance to open mine yet, but does anyone know if the included Blu Ray is also a 4k Remaster or is it the same as the original BD when it came out a few years back?

paulboland

Got my HMV order yesterday. Not had a chance to open mine yet, but does anyone know if the included Blu Ray is also a 4k Remaster or is it the same as the original BD when it came out a few years back?
The Blu-ray is same transfer that was in 2012 The Complete Adventures Digipack and Zavvi Steelbook from 2014
That Blu-ray transfer is also in the UK/EU 4K/Blu-ray 4-Movie Collection from 2021

The 2012 Blu-ray discs was already from a 4K scan of the original camera negatives

The 4K UHD versions of the films had some new remastering done

If you want the new remaster it's the 4K UHD discs

Last edited:

IGC

Distinguished Member
Ain't she pretty? :D

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600(2).jpg

s-l1600(1).jpg

My copy's due tomorrow still can't believe they've released it under its correct name.

Last edited:
Mine has just come today from Amazon.

Turned out that my steelbook from Amazon was delivered in a flimsy cardboard mailer that was undamaged but the actual steelbook case has two small dents in it on the top and back roughly half way down. It looks like someone has hit it with a thin knife or edge, though the paint is not broken or missing, as the two dents are roughly in the same place but slightly at an angle. It is not that noticeable to be honest but I know it is there and it is annoying me.

I tried to contact Amazon but there chat thing is limited and would not allow me to contact customer support direct, only to request a refund as this steelbook is no longer in stock. I see that HMV still have copies so I have ordered a replacement from there and once received I'll then request a refund from Amazon.

First damaged steelbook from Amazon in a long, long time. I remember at one time they used to go completely overboard with the packaging for steelbooks, often shipping them in a box within a box but now they seem to just use random packaging. I've had one come in one of those massive jiffy bags for example, though thankfully that one was undamaged. I can't help thinking that if I had got this from Zavvi who I originally pre-ordered from that it would have arrived in mint-condition. Oh yes, the irony!

Last edited:

movieman1866

Turned out that my steelbook from Amazon was delivered in a flimsy cardboard mailer that was undamaged but the actual steelbook case has two small dents in it on the top and back roughly half way down. It looks like someone has hit it was a thin knife or edge as the two dents are roughly in the same place but slightly at an angle. It is not that noticeable to be honest but I know it is there and it is annoying me.

I tried to contact Amazon but there chat thing is limited and would not allow me to contact customer support direct, only to request a refund as this steelbook is no longer in stock. I see that HMV still have copies so I have ordered a replacement from there and once received I'll then request a refund from Amazon.

First damaged steelbook from Amazon in a long, long time. I remember at one time they used to go completely overboard with the packaging for steelbooks, often shipping them in a box within a box but now they seem to just use random packaging. I've had one come in one of those massive jiffy bags for example, though thankfully that one was undamaged. I can't help thinking that if I had got this from Zavvi who I originally pre-ordered from that it would have arrived in mint-condition. Oh yes, the irony!
I hate ordering steelbooks from Amazon as they always seem to arrive with some sort of damage. The packaging varies from a thin cardboard mailer to an oversize box with the steelbook rattling around inside. As much as we all complain about Zavvi they do at least send out steelbooks in decent packaging and when I've had a damaged one it hasn't been caused in transit by poor packaging, although doesn't sound like the damage to yours was caused in transit.
Glad you managed to get a replacement from HMV. I really like the look of these, especially the Raiders steelbook with the correct title but couldn't justify buying these again.

Ordered a replacement from HMV and once I get it, I will then contact Amazon for a refund on the damaged one.

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Amazon managed to lose mine in transit, refund has been issued but I’d still rather have the steelie :(

BraveInstance

Standard Member
Turned out that my steelbook from Amazon was delivered in a flimsy cardboard mailer that was undamaged but the actual steelbook case has two small dents in it on the top and back roughly half way down. It looks like someone has hit it with a thin knife or edge, though the paint is not broken or missing, as the two dents are roughly in the same place but slightly at an angle. It is not that noticeable to be honest but I know it is there and it is annoying me.

Mine also has a small dent on the front that you can't really see unless you look at it from an angle. I got mine from Zavvi though, possibly it happened during manufacturing.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow