Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 13/06/2022

RotLA.jpg

RotLA (packshot).jpg

Attachments

• RotLA (inside).jpg
    RotLA (inside).jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 44
  • RotLA (back).jpg
    RotLA (back).jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
£19 stateside (or £33 from Wow lol) vs £30 here....i'll wait.

Amazon/HMV links added to OP.
Currently £5 cheaper than Zavvi.

Last edited:
Are the 4K transfers worth the upgrade on the Bluray Steels from 2013?

I prefer the artwork for this, i know it's virtually the same but it looks more original and i prefer it without the 'Indiana Jones and the....'

1648567013074.png
1648567028484.png

Yup. The artwork is lovely but i’m losing the Steelbook love again so would rather have a standard release (US) with slip :blush:

I would only buy if all 4 were coming out. If not I’ll wait for the 1-5 boxset.

So why are Zavvi selling for £5 more than Amazon and HMV? It makes me wonder whether they price-hike everything else... and also wish that that Amazon or HMV had the majority of exclusive steelbooks and not them.

As for the steelbook. Absolutely love it. This is the original poster artwork with the correct title - without the "Indiana Jones and the" pre-fix or zoomed-in artwork - but it is a real shame that this wasn't the design of the recent 4-movie 4K steelbook set (you know that one with the el cheapo outer packaging from el cheapo maestro: Paramount!). On reflection, that 4K steelbook set was a real disappointment and it does sting a bit that we are getting these standalone releases so soon after that and that they aren't the ones from the set (as that would mean I wouldn't have to buy them again).

Love this original style artwork much more than the steelbook art for the 4K set that was our first.

Pre-ordered as soon as I saw. I was originally going to wait until Indy 5 came out and get the whole set then but I saw this and couldn't help myself. I do hope that they will be doing individual steels for the rest of the films though.

Tbf it was looking like it wasn't going to be included, and if there was one release to be short changed you'd put your money on it being the UK release!

Looking forward to the Matt finish vs glossy in the US….

Most Paramount steelbooks seem to be glossy in my experience so I expect this one will be too.

Pre-ordered as soon as I saw. I was originally going to wait until Indy 5 came out and get the whole set then but I saw this and couldn't help myself. I do hope that they will be doing individual steels for the rest of the films though.

Lsiting for Temple of Doom popped up on Amazon.fr so looks good

Amazon product ASIN B09X3ZTDTG

Already out in US. Their version appears to just have the 4K disc, not the standard Blu as well.

Any idea when ‘The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’ will be announced?

Any idea when ‘The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’ will be announced?

What film is that? I've never heard of it? Are you really sure it exists? :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom