Raider of the Lost Ark

I set it to record last night via the Sky+ on my HD box

I suppose they're showing the trilogy over the next three weekends, which conveniently ends a few days before the 4th movie comes out.

BTW, this is conflicting with Lost on skyoneHD. How are boxes with recording two things at once in HD? I'm a bit wary. Would it be easier to record lost in SD for a few weeks? Or could I watch Indiana jones live and it'd be less stress on the box?

don't want both to be messed up by my box crashing

My missus and I have the same problem. I'm just going to let her watch Lost and record Raiders.

I'll have to try and remember to set it from the EPG when I get home. Weird its not on the sky.com TV Guide :confused:

Btw, I'm liking the new Sky.com TV Guide, much easier to use and MUCH quicker to browse than the box's EPG - remote record is brilliant! Just a shame it appears to be wrong in places :mad:

I'm away for the weekend so I'm planning to record both Lost and ROTLA. I've recorded two HD channels simultaneously before without a problem (on Friday nights Dirty Sexy Money often clashes with a movie).

I'll have to try and remember to set it from the EPG when I get home. Weird its not on the sky.com TV Guide :confused:

Btw, I'm liking the new TV Guide, much easier to use and quicker to browse than the box's EPG. Just a shame it appears to be wrong in places :mad:

Yes, more than a little frustrating!

As the BBC are when they don't 'simulcast' their HD programs .... 'The Invisibles' last night being a classic example, I nearly watched the SD version in error! :rolleyes:

ATB

Max

IBTW, this is conflicting with Lost on skyoneHD. How are boxes with recording two things at once in HD? I'm a bit wary. Would it be easier to record lost in SD for a few weeks? Or could I watch Indiana jones live and it'd be less stress on the box?

don't want both to be messed up by my box crashing

It will record these both in HD fine - If not then the box is pretty useless (As one day most programs will be HD)

I didn't even know it was on BBC HD......brilliant!! :thumbsup:

I'm amazed that this can be shown in HD especially as it hasn't been released on HD DVD at all. I know its an older film and we've all seen it dozens of times but its still a scoop to get this classic movie in HD!!!

Gae

P.S. I noticed "National Treasure" is in HD too on Bank Holiday Monday. Finally, once more, the BBC show some decent movies on BBC HD. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. Worth checking out but I doubt it'll be up to Zulu or Italian Job standard.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. Worth checking out but I doubt it'll be up to Zulu or Italian Job standard.

I doubt we'll have DD5.1 either! :mad:

ATB

Max

I doubt we'll have DD5.1 either!

ATB

Max

You guys are just too fussy. :D

Personally, I'm quite happy to listen to it in stereo. I was there on release back in 81 and I'm pretty certain it was in plain old stereo in my Cinema back then so you could argue that it's more authentic that way. :smashin:

Gae

Thanks for the heads up :smashin: I took my kids to see the Raiders of the Lost Ark show at MGM studios some weeks back - now they can see the movie :)

You guys are just too fussy. :D

Personally, I'm quite happy to listen to it in stereo. I was there on release back in 81 and I'm pretty certain it was in plain old stereo in my Cinema back then so you could argue that it's more authentic that way. :smashin:

Gae

I wouldn't mind that, plenty of films on Sky are only in stereo. ;)

However, the BBC seem to like broadcasting DD2 on their HD channel, but annoyingly 'flag' it as DD5.1. They even do this with films that are known to have a DD5.1 soundtrack. :rolleyes:

ATB

Max

It will record these both in HD fine - If not then the box is pretty useless (As one day most programs will be HD)

You can record two channels at once?? Is that standard Sky functionality or do you need two cables going into the one box? I've got a standard Sky HD installation

You can record two channels at once?? Is that standard Sky functionality or do you need two cables going into the one box? I've got a standard Sky HD installation

The Sky HD box has two tuners, so with a 'standard' Sky HD installation you should have two feeds (cables), one for each tuner. This will allow simultaneous recording of two channels, whilst watching a recorded program from the planner. HTH.

EDIT: If you have the 'shotgun' type cable, it may only appear to be one cable, but it is in fact two 'joined' together.

ATB

Max

Yep - Sky+ and Sky+ HD both allow recording of two channels whilst watching a recording, or recording one channel and watching another channel live.

The boxes have two tuners (both capable of the DVB-S and DVB-S2 standards used for SD and HD), and are fed from two outputs of an LNB (Sky usually fit a quad). Installers can either run two single cables from the dish to your Sky+/Sky+HD box or a dual cable (often called shotgun because it is two cables joined together that looks like the profile of a double barrel shotgun)

do broadcasters get special rates for these showings, when they are clearly aiding promotion of upcoming movies? eg do they get to show them without using up their 'play count', or get a discounted rate?

I noticed ITV showed Matrix Reloaded with a 'special introduction' which amounted to not much more than a 5 minute advert for speed racer.

Yep - Sky+ and Sky+ HD both allow recording of two channels whilst watching a recording, or recording one channel and watching another channel live.

The boxes have two tuners (both capable of the DVB-S and DVB-S2 standards used for SD and HD), and are fed from two outputs of an LNB (Sky usually fit a quad). Installers can either run two single cables from the dish to your Sky+/Sky+HD box or a dual cable (often called shotgun because it is two cables joined together that looks like the profile of a double barrel shotgun)

Didn't I already say that an hour ago? :D

ATB

Max

Personally, I'm quite happy to listen to it in stereo. I was there on release back in 81 and I'm pretty certain it was in plain old stereo in my Cinema back then so you could argue that it's more authentic that way.
Hardly, all that meant was that you had a crappy cinema.

All the 35mm prints of Raiders had Dolby surround tracks, and the 70mm prints had six-channel, discrete magnetic soundtracks.

Will definitely be setting the box to record this movie.

Its been a long time since I watched this classic and it is going to be a long time before any Blu-ray release comes out.

I really hope it's better than DVD. HD broadcasts can be so hit and miss - Gladiator was a massive disappointment

We all know what'll happen - Brilliant picture quality - 2.0 Dolby Stereo, flagged as 5.1 - I'll bet money on it! :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom