Raheel's HTPC + Gaming Machine (load's of pictures) and future updates...

I call fake on that 'after' pic - far too good! Are you sure you just havent unplugged everything and taken a pic? :eek:

Very nice job! :thumbsup:

Much better mate. Now get a custom cpu cooler like a mini ninja if you intend on overclocking. :smashin:

I don't see any pics :confused:

...Now i do maybe i just needed to be logged in. Very nice any pics of it running?

Thanks! will take soon and post them in running state. btw you can check couple in my img album...

:thumbsup:

I call fake on that 'after' pic - far too good! Are you sure you just havent unplugged everything and taken a pic? :eek:

Very nice job! :thumbsup:

LOL! no its true! my laptop is donkey and taking time to resize pics... I will resize them tomorrow and show how I done the cable management!

:smashin:

PS: all cables are plugged! not a single cable unplugged from their connectors. :cool:

Last edited:
Much better mate. Now get a custom cpu cooler like a mini ninja if you intend on overclocking. :smashin:

Thinking about OC but I will test my processor and case temp first also will install the fan's you mentioned... than OC it!

About ninja Intel board is not compatible for any cooler :mad: (I mean my config due to ram size and cpu position)

Last edited:
The ram is very close to the mini ninja in my 775 pc but it can fit. I would get rid of the stock cpu cooler straight away. They are noisy and poor at cooling. They also just blow the hot air around the htpc case instead of directing it towards the back fans where it can exit the case. If you want performance and silence swapping out the stock cooler is a must. It will help your temps no end.

The ram is very close to the mini ninja in my 775 pc but it can fit. I would get rid of the stock cpu cooler straight away. They are noisy and poor at cooling. They also just blow the hot air around the htpc case instead of directing it towards the back fans where it can exit the case. If you want performance and silence swapping out the stock cooler is a must. It will help your temps no end.

Thanks! do you have a pic of it? :confused:

The alternative to the Mini Ninja is a Noctua NH-U9B (I've got one :devil:).

It's 1cm taller than the Mini Ninja but it's not as deep so it's nowhere near as close to the RAM and other motherboard stuff :thumbsup:

I'm using one at the moment to run a Quad Q9550 at 4.08GHz on air, and it's keeping load temperatures below 70 degrees C... even when using the Intel Burn Test. Absolutely brilliant :thumbsup::clap:

You can send away to Noctua to get the 1366 adaptor for it too... all FREE.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=17&lng=en

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=23&lng=en

http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/intelcooling/nh-u9b

Last edited:
Just ordered...

1 Noctua NF-B9-1600 Vortex-Control 92mm Quiet Case Fan £11.49
2 80mm Noctua NF-R8 Quiet Case Fan £24.13

The alternative to the Mini Ninja is a Noctua NH-U9B (I've got one :devil:).

It's 1cm taller than the Mini Ninja but it's not as deep so it's nowhere near as close to the RAM and other motherboard stuff :thumbsup:

I'm using one at the moment to run a Quad Q9550 at 4.08GHz on air, and it's keeping load temperatures below 70 degrees C... even when using the Intel Burn Test. Absolutely brilliant :thumbsup::clap:

You can send away to Noctua to get the 1366 adaptor for it too... all FREE.

Thanks :smashin: but if you read this review... which seems will not fit in my config :mad:

Razor: do you have that cooler in spare? so I can test it :D

Razor: do you have that cooler in spare? so I can test it :D

Sorry mate I dont. :rotfl:

Thats a shame it doesnt fit. If I was in your shoes I would measure the space between the memory and the middle of the cpu to work out how much room you have to play with. You cant leave your setup with a stock cpu cooler, that would be criminal. Do you know what coolers will fit your mobo. If you have a list post it up and we can help you pick a decent cooler.

BTW well done for buying new fans. :smashin:

Thanks :smashin: but if you read this review... which seems will not fit in my config :mad:

That's not the same cooler. The one in the review is the Noctua NH-U12P.

If the Noctua won't fit because of RAM layout, then the Mini Ninja definitely won't as that starts lower down and has a wider foot print.

In fact you'll be hard pushed to find a good cooler if neither of those fit. You're better off swapping that motherboard and getting the Asus or Gigabyte motherboards.

Off topic:

Just bought Sony KDL-40Z5500 for bedroom.. will take some pics and create a new post for my main and bedroom system.

Got it for £1485/= (LCD + Blu-ray BDP-360)

I am spending too much for my wife! :mad: :suicide:

That's not the same cooler. The one in the review is the Noctua NH-U12P.

If the Noctua won't fit because of RAM layout, then the Mini Ninja definitely won't as that starts lower down and has a wider foot print.

In fact you'll be hard pushed to find a good cooler if neither of those fit. You're better off swapping that motherboard and getting the Asus or Gigabyte motherboards.

I am planning for that... htpc for bed room.. than I will swap things around.

BTW how about Sony VGX (round) media pc's are they any good?

Last edited:
Off topic:

Just bought Sony KDL-40Z5500 for bedroom.. will take some pics and create a new post for my main and bedroom system.

Got it for £1485/= (LCD + Blu-ray BDP-360)

I am spending too much for my wife! :mad: :suicide:

I saw that same tv with the same package for £700.

:D Only joking mate, sorry I couldnt resist. :devil:

Congrats on your new toys mate. :smashin:

You could always take a dremel to a heatsink where the fins interfere with the memory. ;)

Haha :rotfl:

You could cut them off like Razor says, or even just bend them down. They are pretty flexible. I am sure those fins at the bottom edges don't actually take much of the CPU heat away themselves. Only looks like you'd have to do 2-4 of them at the most.

I saw that same tv with the same package for £700.

:D Only joking mate, sorry I couldnt resist. :devil:

Congrats on your new toys mate. :smashin:

You could always take a dremel to a heatsink where the fins interfere with the memory. ;)

LOL nice one you nearly gave me a heart attack!

Thanks for case fan advice! these Noctua fan's are excellent!

Guys!

Can you advice about SSD is it too early to go for it?

Any pros and cons

Razor: your exp. with it?

I am looking for this for Windows 7. I mean want to have something good before I will clean intall it later this year. Right now using RC and I'm quite happy with it. Will 60gb will be enough for it? :confused::confused:

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom