Raging Bull (1980) 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 20/05/2024

RB_4K (UK).jpg

DIRECTOR-APPROVED 4K UHD + BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:
  • New 4K digital master, approved by director Martin Scorsese, with 2.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
  • One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
  • Three audio commentaries, featuring Scorsese and editor Thelma Schoonmaker; director of photography Michael Chapman, producers Robert Chartoff and Irwin Winkler, casting director Cis Corman, music consultant Robbie Robertson, and others; and boxer Jake La Motta and screenwriters Mardik Martin and Paul Schrader
  • New video essays by film critics Geoffrey O’Brien and Sheila O’Malley
  • Fight Night, a making-of program featuring Scorsese and key members of the cast and crew
  • Three short programs highlighting the collaboration between Scorsese and actor Robert De Niro
  • Television interview from 1981 with actor Cathy Moriarty and the real Vikki La Motta
  • Interview with Jake La Motta from 1990
  • Program from 2004 featuring veteran boxers reminiscing about La Motta
  • Trailer
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • PLUS: Essays by poet Robin Robertson and film critic Glenn Kenny
  • New cover by Eric Skillman

(US release) Links: Amazon.com - Criterion.com - WowHD

Release date: 12/07/2022 (US)

RB_4K.jpg

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:

• New 4K digital master, approved by director Martin Scorsese, with 2.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
  • In the 4K UHD edition: One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
  • New video essays by film critics Geoffrey O’Brien and Sheila O’Malley on Scorsese’s mastery of formal techniques and the film’s triumvirate of characters
  • Three audio commentaries, featuring Scorsese and editor Thelma Schoonmaker; director of photography Michael Chapman, producers Robert Chartoff and Irwin Winkler, casting director Cis Corman, music consultant Robbie Robertson, actors Theresa Saldana and John Turturro, and sound-effects supervising editor Frank Warner; and boxer Jake La Motta and screenwriters Mardik Martin and Paul Schrader
  • Fight Night, a making-of program featuring Scorsese and key members of the cast and crew
  • Three short programs highlighting the longtime collaboration between Scorsese and actor Robert De Niro
  • Television interview from 1981 with actor Cathy Moriarty and the real Vikki La Motta
  • Interview with Jake La Motta from 1990
  • Program from 2004 featuring veteran boxers reminiscing about La Motta
  • Trailer
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • PLUS: Essays by poet Robin Robertson and film critic Glenn Kenny

New cover by Eric Skillman

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
YAS ❤️❤️❤️ What brilliant news. Thank you

do criterion dispatch to the UK?

i will get this, but i might wait a little just to make sure no recalls

Review up . Oh my ❤️❤️
However blu rays are locked region

Damn it Janet. The little willpower I had is gone. Pre-order made. Bread and jam for the kids
Yeah, not one I’m missing out on. It’s pricey but one of the best films ever for me so a no brainer. I’ve not bought that much recently knowing this was likely and the Eastwood double bill

Yeah, not one I’m missing out on. It’s pricey but one of the best films ever for me so a no brainer. I’ve not bought that much recently knowing this was likely and the Eastwood double bill
I thought you were cutting back? ;)

Im waiting on this one. Its a great film but one I dont watch often.

Never got round to seeing this so will pick up the UHD.

does this comes out during the Barnes and noble 50% criterion sale?

Never got round to seeing this so will pick up the UHD.
Yeh i’m almost embarrassed to say i’ve never seen it either.

Might try and see if its on one of the streaming platforms first. 100% don’t doubt its a great film but not sure on the rewatchable factor.

Yeh i’m almost embarrassed to say i’ve never seen it either.

Might try and see if its on one of the streaming platforms first. 100% don’t doubt its a great film but not sure on the rewatchable factor.

It’s a tough watch for sure but majestic. I’ve seen it half a dozen times over the last 20 years or so. For me it’s up there with the likes of the Godfather 1&2 , Apocalypse Now and the Dollars trilogy

Incredible film. Your in for a treat

And I love De Niro, Scorsese, Godfather etc. I think it's the B&W that always put me off it I'm ashamed to say.

Review up . Oh my ❤️❤️
However blu rays are locked region

dont use it much for locked stuff nowadays but my oppo is multi region so all good. banging an order in for cant resist. - shame the extras arent on the 4k and we wouldn't have this problem

Last edited:
Ordered through Amazon US. One of my faves and haven't watched it in years, so definitely looking forward to a rewatch in 4K.

Just got a dispatch notification from Amazon US, delivery due Friday 22nd.

Just got a dispatch notification from Amazon US, delivery due Friday 22nd.
If you don’t mind me asking how much was it delivered ?

Watched this last night. What an amazing job they have done on this. It’s beautiful.
In the accompanying booklet it recommends changing audio settings to pro logic on your receiver which I did. 10/10 for everything

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom