1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radiohead tour in November

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by CrispyXUK, Oct 13, 2003.

1. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Anyone know were I can get some tickets to Radiohead at Earls Court on 26th or 27th of November that wont cost me an arm and a leg? They seem to be going for about £75 on Ebay, when the face value is only £30!! :(

Could someone please help me

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Sorry mate, cant help, but I understand your problem. Bloody touts, somebody needs to put a stop to them. Ebay could restrict sales of items like tickets, as this makes it all too easy for them to shift their ill gotten gains.

Surely promoters could do something to stop this happening using some form of identity check, with a demand that unused tickets could be returned for a refund. Im not talking about small gigs, just the main players, Metallica, Radiohead et al. At 30 quid a pop, there must be something. :mad:

Best of luck on your search.

3. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ......................d'you reckon if we ignore them they'll go away :suicide:

I do agree with the nightmare of Ebay ticket touts though. I need another couple of Strokes tickets but they're going on Ebay at £130/pair (face value £56/pair). Disgraceful.

4. skymonkey

skymonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    thanks people, I think I might set the karma police on to these ticket touts!! })

6. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    there are quite a few on ebay at the moment going for prices that aren't too obscene - theres a pair there now, on at £82 with 10 mins left

7. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    CrispyXUK --

If you're not too far from the venue, I'd chance it on the night. If you leave it late enough, you should be able to get one off a tout for a fairly reasonable price PROVIDING they're not doing a roaring trade that night.

Touts were selling tickets for the smaller shows (Manchester Apollo, in this case) for approx £30 late on in the evening.

8. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah go down on the night mate, you'll get a tickit for sure, at a good price. Some people go down with extra tickets because when friends drop out and stuff.

And the touts start shifting them for a lot less as it starts filling out. Get general access though. More then likely be that way anyhow

9. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    found a place selling seated tickets for £31, do you think I could get a swap down there for standing?

I'm around an hour away froms earls court, so chancing it would not be fun if It went wrong, especially on a Thursday or Wednesday night :p