1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

radio noise over cd

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by maxiboy, Oct 14, 2003.

1. maxiboy

maxiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently installed a goodmans GCE 7350 MP3R player in my Astra. It all works well apart from one strange feature.

When I play a cd, if I turn the volume down low, I can hear slight radio interference.

When the engine is on you can't really notice it, but I was wondering what migh be causing it.

I have read that if I cut the orange and white lead (for an electric ariel- I have a manual one) it would mean that I would get the date back on the car display, but could it have any effect on the interference.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Max

2. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    generally this is expected with goodmans units on some cars..

the ariel wire "might" cause it.. snip it and see ..
    though if you have a modern vauxhall with a roof ariel.. dont snip it ;)

3. maxiboy

maxiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, I think that you might be right about it being the general quality of the unit, I'll try emailing Goodmans and see if they can shed any light on the subject.

I wasn't expecting the last word in quality, and am arare that I could have got a better deal online, but I reckoned that the basics would have been ironed out.

If I ever decide to by a Rolls Royce I'll make sure that I budget for a new stereo.

By-the-way, the wire I mentioned only powers the electric aerial rather than receives the radio signals, do you think that it would cause problems cutting it on my 97 Astra?

Thanks for the advice by the way.

4. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +577
    any unit below the £200 dont expect the unit to sing and dance. Golden rule

"You get what you pay for"

5. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can get a nice cd player for around 100 quid. pioneer/ kenwood..^^

on a 97 astra i think that would have a roof mounted "amplified" ariel and in which case the "electric ariel" wire on your unit needs to stay.
    if in fact it hasnt (some models are diff) and has a manual pull up ariel on the wing.. then snip away ;)