radio denon

T

The WB

just wanting to know got the amp connected through the network can play mp3 files ( Doing it all wireless) but cannot get radio denon subsribed. putting in the mac address to register for first time but not going through. am i doing something wrong?

Where are you entering the Mac Address, on the Internet? if so what URL?

im entering it on the radiodenon website which asks for id. on the manual it tells you to enter the mac address as the id.

What I did was, right click the Media Connect icon in the system tray. Select the properties of the Denon Device showed. Copy the Mac Address from the properties page (using ctrl+c) and pasted into the web page (using ctrl +v).

That worked for me :D

did you by any chance update the internet radio on the amp first then put your id in. we tried that way also but it came back update failed. we also copy and pasted no luck also.

The ID you entered was not found. Please make sure that you have entered it correctly.
Make sure that you have first tried to connect to Internet Radio from your DENON Product.

That is the error message that is coming through. I can play mp3 files no problems that are stored on my computer mind you my computer is on the other side of the house where my amp is got an excellent strength in signal.

Yep.

I have done this twice now, once with the 4306 and once with the A11XVA.

Both times, I run the update function on the amp first then used the copy and paste method to register on the web.

You have to access an internet radio station first according to the manual.

Have you tried accessing a radio station on the amp first?

it tells you on the manual that you have to update first which i tried but it say update failed.

Ah

I believe you can't register on the web until the update on the amp is completed and you access a radio station first.

Do you get any indication as to why the update fails, error messages etc?

no nothing at all its ridiculous. on the amp it has picked up my files/connection to the computer to play the songs that i have stored. there is no problem there. my question is do i have to dowload vtuner for it to work?

I think it's more likely that your network is stopping the amp contacting to the web.

I'm trying to find information on what ports the amp will use to access the web, I thought it would use 80 but I can't find anything in the manual about it.

You don't have an access list in your adsl modem do you? (assuming you have adsl :) )

i have a very fast adsl modem but what is an access list. Could it also be my mcaffee firewall?

I'm guessing it something to do with either a firewall or an access list.

Can you explain your network topology: -

i.e. I'm guessing you have a wireless adsl modem/router with a pc attached via wire and a wireless bridge attached to the amp?

not really i got my brother to do it all for me. My adsl isn't wireless but we got a wireless router and a wireless network card which has an external antenna. There both talking to each other but like you said something is stopping it.

So you have a wired ADSL modem attached to you PC with a wireless PC card in the PC connecting to a wireless router attached you your amp?

yes i do, the communication is great, excellent signal strength, it plays my mp3 folder that is on my computer.

I don't think this setup will work for internet radio (but I could be wrong I am not a network genius :( )

As far as I can see the wireless router will communicate with the wireless PC card fine, but I can't see how the wireless PC card will connect to the wired lan port on the PC and then onto the wired adsl modem.

I think you need to rethink the layout, perhaps you should get your brother back and let him think about it again.

I'm guessing the wired lan port attached to the wired adsl modem will have a DHCP supplied IP address from the adsl modem and the wireless pc card and amp will have a DHCP supplied IP address from the wireless router. As I say I can't see how this setup will allow the amp to connect to the internet.

When I had my 4306 and I connected it wirelessly I used a wired/wireless adsl modem router and a wireless bridge.

I attached my PC via wire to the wired/wireless adsl modem router and the amp via the wireless bridge. You could also try a wireless access point attached to your adsl modem and a wireless bridge on your amp.

Sorry I not being much help :(

yeah your right it looks like i have to get him back in. oh well in the meantime i just have to enjoy my downloaded music which really is very good also.but thankyou very much for your help greatly appreciated. if i manage to get it i will let you know.

After a think...

You could try attaching your ADSL modem to the wireless router (as long as it has WAN port) as well as your amp.

This will of course mean that you will not have internet access on your PC but you should be able to access the internet on the amp as long as you leave the amp network settings to the defaults.

HTH

After even more thought....

I wonder if you can use the Proxy settings on the amp :rolleyes:

Find the IP address of the wired LAN port on your PC by either: -
right clicking the network icon in the system tray and selecting status then support
OR
Start | Control Panel | Network Connections and right clicking the network connection for the Internet and selecting status and then support.

Make a note of the IP Address.

On the AMP go to Network Options and Proxy. Turn on the Proxy and put the noted IP address in the Proxy Address space and 80 in the Port space then try to connect to the internet.

I really don't know if this will work (I'm at the edge of my networking knowledge here :mad: ) but it won't hurt anything other than maybe losing the MP3 streaming for a short while.

If this doesn't work, just go back into Network Options and Proxy and turn the Proxy Off.

HTH

thats a good idea i will give that a try tonight. by the way did you do your audessey setup or have tried doing it via the pc?

The WB said:
thats a good idea i will give that a try tonight. by the way did you do your audessey setup or have tried doing it via the pc?

I did the audessey setup and then tweaked it a bit ;)

I played about a bit with the PC control on the 4306 I used to have, but I haven't tried it yet on the A11VXA.

I used a laptop wirelessly connected to my network to select MP3s to play on the amp, I thought the laptop was easier to use to do this than the GUI on the amp.

Must admit the worst thing about these amps is the GUI :thumbsdow

you definetley right about the gui. it's horrible. but im looking forward when my wife and daughter go to sleep to do it via the pc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom