Radiation and Japanese Products

eduk

Distinguished Member
I guess anything is possible, but it still made me laugh...

I bought a CyberShot DSC-HX5V and noticed that it was made in Japan. Is it possible to get information about where in Japan it was made and is there any danger that the camera or some of the parts have been exposed to radioactive dust or other radiation sources (I'm thinking of Fukushima).

BubbleDouble

Distinguished Member
I guess anything is possible, but it still made me laugh...

Actually it's a fair point. I'm not sure if it's still going on, but all imports from Japan were being checked on arrival at UK for radiation levels at one point....fact.

eduk

Distinguished Member
Actually it's a fair point. I'm not sure if it's still going on, but all imports from Japan were being checked on arrival at UK for radiation levels at one point....fact.

You don't understand, it's the assumption that goods are not checked that was amusing. As if we are all going to be irradiated by Japanese goods...:D

RajP

Distinguished Member
You don't understand, it's the assumption that goods are not checked that was amusing. As if we are all going to be irradiated by Japanese goods...:D

Ahhh does it glow in the dark???:D :devil: :D

Camera that is....

eduk

Distinguished Member
Their no problem at all,Nikon, Canon,Sony,were bringing out their new range of green glowing cameras :)

Pentax will already have one, knowing them!

D

Deleted member 27989

Well isn't Nikon closest to the disaster zone, at least even in this category they will come out best as usual.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom