Radeon Overlay settings

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by henry1234, Mar 3, 2003.

1. henry1234

henry1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    My overlay settings keep reseting back to default.

I only want to push up brightness a few points and gamma to 1.1.

Is there any way to permanently set overlay on the ATI control panel or is it something that should always be done in the software DVD player.

2. rhinoman

rhinoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I do mine from within Theatretek and normally drop the contrast a little from default. It then remebers it from there but doesn't alter the standard settings.

3. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The other pain is that if you have an AE100 et to the 856x480, the ATI overlay screen doesn't fit on properly, so you can't click "ok" :mad:
    Can you set this stuff in Powerstrip? I use WinDVD (with analogue decoding, so no chance of moving to Theatertek).

4. henry1234

henry1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Richard,

I had the same problem with the control panel window when I run 576 or 480 lines.

With 480 you can still see all the ovelay contorls. Set these and then press A on the keyboard. This applies the overlay controls, then close overlay window and click OK in display properties.

The problem is the overlay hides most of the active DVD image so its not the most accurate way to set.

The other problem is that my overlay settings go back to default when I change DVD or even close down WinDVD plat.

John,

I know its been asked before but would you think it's worthwhile spending £50 for TheatreTek compared to WinDVD platinium which I already have a full copy.

5. rhinoman

rhinoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Richard,

When I had my ae100 I and power dvd I used to set the overlay with the dvd windowed and res set to 1280*720 so that you could get to all the buttons in the ATI control panel and then once it was set revert to 848*480.

Henry

I haven't tried win dvd for years but Theatretek easily surpasses PowerDVD for PQ and has useful features like being able to adjust the overlay without having to use the ATI control panel and so would overcome Richards problem. ( I understand Richards audio requirement in Win DVD).

I was never really happy with HTPC untill I tried Theatretek, from then on it was such a vastly improved picture over my the DVD and proV set up that it made the greif worthwhile. Now I wouldn't look back.

6. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I found the overlay settings seem to reset when the resolution changes - maybe I need to have another tinkering session.

7. henry1234

henry1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Yes the overlay changes whenever you reset resolution.

I just got Theatre Tek,

All is good and calm. Very very user friendly. Nice overlay controls that control the radeon. Easy to use, Nice very nice :smoke:

8. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    I did find on my workstation that setting a colour profile fro the desktop and savin git also saved the overlay settings : however this was with an Nvidia card. On my HTPC I just access the overlay through TT or Dscaler.