1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon DVi or VGA to Pt Ae100

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by vexorg, Feb 25, 2003.

1. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The radeon card has both DVI and VGA out, which will give me a better image? I assume the DVI outputs a better image.

Im not clear on what connections are at the back of the AE100, still waiting to get the box:) so in anticipation do I need

a DVI to DVI cable or
    a DVI to VGA or
    indeed will a VGA to VGA give me the same PQ?

Vex

2. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Radeon 9000 and I can't tell the difference between DVI or VGA on my AE100.

Rember that you can only have the DVD on one screen at once ( it appears as a black screen on the second screen).

3. Threadkiller

Threadkiller
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 9000 feeding an LCD monitor & a panny PJ, & can watch dvds on both at the same time, no black screen. Have you enabled Cloning?

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Vex.

The AE100 hasn't got DVI. So you'll need a VGA/VGA connection, just like your PC monitor.

Then Powerstrip to set up an 856x480 resolution.

You can use your graphics 2nd output to feed your normal PC monitor, via DVI (TFT/LCD) or VGA (usually a DVI/VGA adapter supplied with Radeon cards with both connectors).

DVI is indeed better, but only a few of the more recent PJs have this facility, & even fewer allow 1:1 pixel mapping via DVI - one of which is my HS10 :clap:

So you've taken the plunge then?

:smashin:

That's because the AE100 doesn't accept a DVI signal :p

5. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kramer, I'm using a DVI-to-VGA lead from www.lindy.com. with my AE100.

The black window thing is odd though. I have my monitor and projector showing the same but DVD only appears on the PJ. Not bothered though, I only want to see DVDs on the PJ anyway.

6. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info guys...

Kramer, I was all set to get a HS10 after seeing The Ritz's AE100, when Sean realised this he force feed me spectacular scene after scene on the little panny, until I had an almost insane grin on my face, I was a broken man at that point.

What really sold me was his impression of a HS10, he would suck in his cheeks and make this whistling, humming noise like one of them old Glen Dimplex Fan heaters while hanging upside down from his homemade but very sturdy projector mount on the ceiling.

Even now when I think of a HS10, the hairs stand up on the back of my neck and I imagine a sony projector dangling from my ceiling making errie noises, shiver.

Ordered first thing this morning, could have bought 3 for the price of one HS10 :)

Cant wait for it to arrive, have to build my new HCPC tomorrow, bought my water cooling kits from a new Irish Company called Kewl C0m3rz w4t3r kewling bitz. The kit arrived today consisting of a Flagin bottle of a pungent alcohol based liquid - its a coolent of some sort - written on the outside in a think black marker are the words "TAKING THE", and 6 feet of garden Hose :devil:

Vex.

7. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Aaaah Vex,

It Worked ! It Worked ! It Worked !!!!:smashin:

The only down-side to choosing the AE100 instead of the HS10 is you'll still have to get the central heating fixed in your house - them two enormous vents with the propellors behind them on the Hs10 could heat a small row of houses - I believe that Sony cogged the design from an Airfix kit of a twin prop Messerschmit - the other three fans inside the projector are designed to gather every last picotherm of heat and eject it out the front. You see the hairdo in Kramer's avatar ? - the result of watching first two episodes of Band of Brothers starting with wet hair and sitting in front of the HS10.

Sorry to say that you'll have to find an alternative use for those ear-protectors you bought also.

I'll be out with an extra Flagon for the cooling phase - I believe that Bulmers is best - nice apple scent to enhance the ambience of movie watching - "Cider House Rules" for first viewing ????

You have new PM on Boards, btw.

All the best,

Sean G.

8. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sean

No Pm came thru...

G.

9. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    G,

On Boards.ie, in response to earlier PM today re screenbuilding.

LMK when you want to get going.......

See ya,

Sean G.

10. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I got it....I got it.....

:clap: Only joking Sean ;)

Wonder who's off building a screen tonight having rec'd detailed instructions on Boards :D

:hiya: