Radeon Drivers/TT Player

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by fatrich, Mar 12, 2002.

1. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi
    Can any one please help :

Win Me
    Radeon Ve
    TT player
    current driver 7075
    Power strip (registered)

I checked out the Ati site yesterday and noticed the latest drivers , so being daring i tried the new 9009 driver.
    Not being a computer expert i was told i didnt have to remove the old driver 7075 and just install the 9009 with it being an exe file it would install automatically which i must say it did.However when i came to restore my setting (resolution) the screen and icons went black and white ( a very blurred black could not read any words) so i restarted windows and i was ok it did go black and white another couple of times but when i set the res/ and colours (changed from 252 colours to 32bit True colour) it seemed ok.

I tried Win dvd first and the picture was excellent seemed better than before every thing as it should be, then used the same disc for the TT player and it was awful,very bright and washed out (too much white) can anyone suggest video settings for this driver on the TT player or has anyone had any experience of using this new driver, any thoughts or suggestions would be greatful, i restored the old driver for the time being, i think i will put this post on the Immersive forum and see if anyone can help there as well.

cheers

richard

2. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pretty sure they altered the Gamma/Colour settings in the ATI drivers from above v7199. So TT is applying its defaults and getting buggered up.

3. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi Jenz
    do u mind me asking which drivers do u use and what video settings on the TT player are u using with the driver?

cheers

richard

4. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fatrich, I am currently using 7199 drivers in my main machine under Win 98SE.

My production machine uses XP and I am trialling a variety of drivers.