1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon CatalystDrivers

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Jazz Monkey Jr, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,525
    I am trying to install the latest radeon drivers for my laptop, it has a raeon 9700 in it.
    The problem is that I installed radlinker drivers a while ago and the ATI install didnt recognise it.
    I tried to just install standard VGA driver but it only gives me options for ATI Omega drivers.
    When I run the install for the 5.5 drivers is comes up with the error:

INF Error
    Video driver not found

Any help?

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    I am not sure what support ATI provides for laptop drivers. I know the driver is called a 9700 but you may be better served going to the laptop manufacturers website for a working driver. If the catalyst drivers should work then use the ati removal tool to completely clean the laptop of any previous drivers and restart, declining the laptops offer to install drivers for the display adaptor. Then install the catalyst drivers.

3. SMooV

SMooV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have encountered this problem installing drivers (both ATI and Omega) for a 9550. having scoured the net at the time the advice seems to suggest that to resolve this you should:

• Uninstall any previous graphics card drivers (ATI or otherwise).
    • Delete any ATI related entries in your registry that have been left.
    • Install your graphics card using the Operating Systems Standard VGA Drivers.
    • Install your chosen Radeon Drivers.
    I have also encounterd a further severe error "zero display service error" during driver installation and have still not been able to resolve it. There are a lot of references to it on the net, but no real solutions to resolve the error. If anyone knows how I can around it I would be glad to hear from them.

Si

4. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,525
    I have sorted it, I downloaded some different drivers, I sis a search for mobile 9700 driver and got some different ones.

If I am outputting to a plasma display, I can just set the resolution to match that of the plasma (1024x768), which refresh rate woud be best?

5. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Plasmas are usually 60hz native but will accept 75hz to cater for PAL dvd's.