Radeon 9700 pro - £215 + del

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
What about a power buy for this item, might get it cheaper still, I'm in :)

The more people involved in the purchase the less duty per person you have to pay, plus less shipping costs too when spread out.

Well Spectre,

Any news from across the pond?

£215+ del, + duty + vat @ 17.5% on cost of card + delivery + duty.

Total approx £282.

BTW, ALL 9700 Pros now being sold ARE genuine "built by ATI" cards.

This won't be the case for long though, as the ATI "partner" manufacturers get their own production runs up & going.

You can buy a Radeon 9700 Pro here for £282. A UK supplier.

I believe Headrat acquired an "ATI" card from the US, & he did get caught for import duty.

Let us know when/if you get a shipping quote.

I remember 2 years ago I bought a leather jacket from the states and was aghast when Parcel Force at the door asked for £42 in duty :eek:

In what reality is it right that UK residents should pay VAT on gear bought from the USA :mad:

or from any non EU country........ free trade world wide is essential if our future is to be safe. The silly thing is that the US are our closest allies!!!

ad

Originally posted by Kramer

:confused:

Silly thing indeed :)

Buns,

Me thinks you not German :D

Me thinks you right!

If you get an helpful american company, you can ask them to mark a small thing like a pc card as a gift, but thats very much down to how you fel morally about that!

ad

It came to £257 ordered Wednesday arrived this morning - that's LESS than 2 days. I was most impressed.
Not had a bill for VAT or duty, yet. Unfortunatley they didn't mark it as a value of £15 as requested.
It's in the machine now with all the settings on MOH Allied Assult set to max at 1600x1200 and running smoothly.

Originally posted by Spectre
It came to £257 ordered Wednesday arrived this morning - that's LESS than 2 days. I was most impressed

2 days - sounds like a Fedex delivery???

A prog. scan DVD I ordered from China left the factory 2 hrs after I ordered & was in Dublin < 16 hrs later. How's that for quick?

Trouble was it sat in customs for 6 days when it got here - not Fedex fault.

You said £215 initially, so did they charge £42 ($68.50) for delivery? That seems a bit steep, if so. Was it new egg?

Not had a bill for VAT or duty, yet.

If it was Fedex, trust me, you will. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.

Yeah it was Fedex.
eCost charge $11 something for 'processing'. :rolleyes:
So it was $329 + $11 + delivery.
How long did you wait before Fedex sent you the bill?

Yeah it was Fedex.

How long did you wait before Fedex sent you the bill?

About 2 or 3 weeks I think - maybe even a month later.

What pi*sed me off was that of the bill I rec'd, the greatest part was "administration charges" from Fedex themselves :mad:

Can't remember the exact figures, but it was somethink like

Excise/Vat: €16
Fedex charges: €21

Granted not a lot, but €21 for just €16 customs - total €37.

BTW, the vendor did reduce the value marked on my delivery to less than half it's true value - something marked like $110, & I prepaid for delivery $95.

So prepay $95 for delivery (that's €97) & then have to pay an additional €21 to them for "customs processing". Total 2 Fedex €118. Value of goods indicated at €115.

Still worked out cheap, & the player wasn't/isn't available in Europe. Since sold for what it cost me in total.

Let us know what they charge you.

BTW, congrats on the card - you must be one happy camper now.

Waiting for a few weeks now myself. Considering the Hercules model & newer revisions said to have fixed 8x AGP compatability. Plus it's dropping in price all the time.

Available now for <£270 delivered in the UK.

Keep on dropping baby :D

The last 3 fedex deliveries I've had I've not heard anything until fedex's legal representatives drop me a line saying pay up or else!! Normally about 6 weeks!!

Steve

Spectre,

Out of interest, did you get any demands from Fedex since?

Probably been too busy playing UT2K3 maxed at 1600x1200

:eek:

Cya.

Not heard a peep, yet.

Took FEDX about 10 - 12 weeks for them to honour me with a VAT/Customs bill for my XBox, just about the time when I'd all but forgotten about it. I'm sure they do it deliberately.
Paul

Probably of interest to you HCPC guys, I fiitted a Zalman ZM80-HP Silent Heat pipe VGA cooler to my Radeon 9700 Pro, obviously passive so completely silent :)

Very easy to fit, even easier if you read the instructions ;)

Heat pipe seem to work well, both sides of the heatsink panels get nice and warm !

HEADRAT

Thats the problem with being one of the first to buy the latest kit, the bloody price always drops 3 days after you bought it!

Been there, done that.
Paul

Christ almighty !!!
Fed EX Bill : £47.
That's the last time I use them !!!! (Fed Ex or Ecost)
I really feel badly stiffed by the government. I feel compelled to get my own back, somehow.

Christ almighty !!!
Fed EX Bill : £47.
That's the last time I use them !!!! (Fed Ex or Ecost)
I really feel badly stiffed by the government. I feel compelled to get my own back, somehow.

Gees that's a bummer Spectre.

In my experience Fedex ALWAYS send invoices for duty/VAT/administration fees. I suppose this is the one downside of their efficiency.

Good to have prompt delivery but beware of the "sure to follow later" bill.

Sinzer,

Crucial's price was excluding VAT, the actual cost is £266.50 - still a goodish price though.

Yeah, I realised that after posting :(

Still I have always had good service from Crucial so a little advertising for them doesn't hurt :)

Bad news on the shipping/importing, always getting stiffed in this country :( also a reason why I gave up the hardware game.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom