1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon 9600 Problems with LCD

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by WSB, May 24, 2005.

1. WSB

WSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hey guys-

another issue I'm having trouble with-

upgraded my graphics card to the Sapphire Radeon 9600 (256mb) from ebuyer. downloaded and installed the Catalyst 5.5 stuff from ATI's website but I'm having some issues.

1- thin yellow strip on right hand side of screen
    2- every few seconds a very thin (but quite noticeable) horizontal line appears on my screen moving upwards and then vanishes.

I didnt get a chance to mess about with it too much but changed the resolution down but still had the same issues. I havent tried powerstrip yet and thats next on my list of things to do.

The screen is a 32" lcd- resolution i'm trying to get working 1366 x 768 @ 60Hz.

2. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is this whilst running MCE?
    Have you got MS anti spyware S/W installed? or any icons on your toolbar that might be warning you about stuff?

3. WSB

WSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yep- running MCE. I've just rebuilt the box and installed MCE (latest service packs and updates). There isnt an awful lot on the box right now to be honest.

My previous card GeForce 4200i (128mb) works ok.

4. reddom

reddom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    What screen are you using and how are you connected to it (VGA or dvi?)
    I have a 9600 connected to a 32 inch sharp aquos lcd via dvi. I'm certain you wont get 1366 as its not a multiple of 8. I run at 1368 by 768, but using powerstrip. without power strip i could only get 1360 by 768. even with powerstrip set i had to do a fine sync adjustment on the screen to get a stable picture at 60hz.

RD