Radeon 9000 - This One?

Neil
let me know if the difference between the ve and the 9000 is noticiable, if i will jump in too exactly which 9000 did u get, and which drivers are u suing with it?

cheers

richard

Looks interesting, I was considering a GF4Ti and fitting a Zalman GPU cooler but from what I've read the 9000 isn't too far behind so this could reduce costs considerably. Shame the 128MB version isn't in stock as it's only a few £ more - I've heard that ordering out of stock stuff from ebuyer isn't a good idea.

How do the 9000's compare to the 7200's?

Did I read about some true 10-bit overlay pipeline? I can't remember if the outcome was that all Radeons had it anyway?

What's the improvement for
DVD/HTPC
Gaming.

cheers,
Rob.

Im thinking of upgrading to the 9000 (not pro as that has a fan :D).

Whats the performance like in 3D?, and I presume you can hook say the primary display to the projector and the secondary to a flat panel etc.??

www.komplett.co.uk

do good prices on Graphics cards - and carry good stock.

e.g

Hercules 3D Prophet 9000 128MB DDR
AGP, ATI Radeon 9000, TV-Out, Retail

GBP 87.75 inc. VAT

Reports of the 9000s are coming in at www.avsforum.com, and most seem to say a positive improvement over previous radeon cards. I`ll be buying one from novatech, which is nearer for me (25 mins by car)

http://www.novatech.co.uk/'

probably get mine tomorrow. I`d hold off if you already have a radeon card though, until more reviews are in. 3D performance is less than 8500 but more than 7000 and 7500.

Chris

This card looks like it has a nice Ble Orb fan too.

If you have a window in your Tower then it will look cool.
------

GJC

Originally posted by Jenz
After saying I wouldn't pick up a new Radeon until more of the 9xxx series was known I see this:

Cheap No Fan Radeon 9000 with DVI
The ebuyer.com site doesn't carry any technical spec for the card; does it support more than one display? Could I use it to drive my AE100 projector and also a monitor?

Many thanks.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

Originally posted by Bert Coules

The ebuyer.com site doesn't carry any technical spec for the card; does it support more than one display? Could I use it to drive my AE100 projector and also a monitor?

Many thanks.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

From what I understand, you can connect a second monitor to the DVI output using a DVI-VGA dongle, but don`t take that as gospel, cos I haven`t tried it. I`m not sure also how this would affect dvd playback on the primary display either.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realise that DVI/VGA converters were available. Pity I don't have a spare DVI monitor hanging about.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

The radeon VE comes with a DVI>VGA dongle, I dont see why the Radeon 9000 does not too?. And yes if you have a HTPC you could have the DVI>VGA dongle connected to your monitor on your HTPC and the primary VGA on the radeon hooked up to your projector for the best picture quality. Both screens would be visible and when you play the dvd the movie will only be shown on your projector (primary) display...unless your using software rendering and not radeon hardware assist.

I think the built by ATI come with the dongle, but the powerred by/OEM versions do not have a dongle. Worth checking before you buy

Chris

Originally posted by Bert Coules
Ah, thanks for the warning. Is the dongle (or something comparable) available separately?

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

Yes, but the extra expense may mean that its just as cheap to buy one with the card, I think that they are 10-15 pounds.

Chris

Chris,

I just phoned the Ebuyer "Customer Help Line" to enquire about the dongle. There are three automated options, none of which covers "enquire about the technical spec of a product", so I tried option 3, "Place an order".

A helpful recorded chap said, "We strongly believe in empowering our customers to order via our website. Please go to..."

Obviously they don't believe in empowering their customers to find put about things before placing the order.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

I think most online companies invest in people on their email support rather than phones. Try emailing them??.

I remember seeing a Radeon VE (supergrace) in Computer Exchange@Birmingham and that came with a VGA>DVI dongle.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom