Radeon 6450 3d output on DVI port with hdmi adapter?

Midnight Tboy

Novice Member
Hi all.

ok so last week I bought a Sapphire 512mb Radeon Hd 6450 low profile graphics card for my HTPC. I received the 3dtv a couple of days ago.

After many many hours, using hdmi, of faffing trying to get the damn thing to accelerate the 3d video (jerky playback 100cpu usage - turned out last couple of catalyst revisions are rubbish and break the hardware acceleration on this card for full bluray playback) I finally got it working sweet.

Now the final hurdle for me is to get it working through the AVR which is a 1.3 Onkyo 607. I though I could force 3d by changing the EDIDs for the display, but this results in no picture, and turns out that radeons can't output full 3D with full HD audio.

I was wondering though......the card has 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI and 1 x VGA port.

Do you know if its possible for this card to output 3d through the DVI port using a DVI-HDMI adapter?

Then I should be able to go

DVI > DVI-HDMI Adapter > TV = full 3d
HDMI > Onkyo AVR Receiver = full HD audio

I've read that the GT430 cards definately can, and had I known all the problems I'd have had then I'd have definately gone nvidia route.

So if so, should any DVI to HDMI adapter work, or must it be a certain type to be able to output full hdmi 1.4? Was thinking http://www.scan.co.uk/products/akasa-ak-cbhd03-bk-dvi-to-hdmi-adapter-for-monitors-and-tvs but dont know if it would be possible and can't find any that state definately 1.4 (guessing it probably makes no difference whatsoever on the spec tho),

Thanks,
Tuck

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom