1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racking for large system: Help!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mark Ward, May 21, 2002.

1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I've found a great deal on an MC1, good enough to take it now to keep me going until I can afford an MC12.

Problem is that my Integrated AV-A10SE currently houses 5 of my amp channels, I have spare external power amps but they take up more space than my rack has. I have to sell the Denon to afford the Lex (I've got a buyer at £500).

Will need to house :-

Lex MC1 Processor (unsure on height)
    ArcamDVD (Fairly Slim)
    5 X Standard Full Height Stereo Power Amps

What modular racking solutions wouldn't break the bank? Anyone got any innovative solutions to large racking requirements?

Cheers,

Mark.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +831
    How about wall mounting them?? When I was in the UK a neighbour had his mounted on wall brackets, couple of brackets for each section, amp, cd etc

As long as the brackets (and the wall!!) can take the weight you should be ok, cabling can be hidden in trunking or something. You wouldnt have any problems with heat dispersion either.

If you want racking then I think Optima do modular style racks, not sure of the price though.

cheers