Rack or cabinet - What do you use ???

JSW

I currently use an av cabinet from Ikea but like the look of a rack, only thing putting me off is dust and smoke.

Also the cabinet is lockable keeping my sons hands of my kit but on the other hand its large and I could fit something else in its place if I had a rack :confused:

bh

Standard Member
I use a Heybrook 7 tier open rack because of ease of access (especially at the back for your wiring), better ventilation and quicker cleaning. Your kit will get dusty in a cabinet anyway. The kit stays cooler and is probably dusted more often than would be the case if it were tucked away.

Not sure how you overcome the problem of your son's hands though.

bh

JSW

Originally posted by bh
I use a Heybrook 7 tier open rack because of ease of access (especially at the back for your wiring), better ventilation and quicker cleaning. Your kit will get dusty in a cabinet anyway. The kit stays cooler and is probably dusted more often than would be the case if it were tucked away.

Not sure how you overcome the problem of your son's hands though.

bh

One of the main reasons for wanting to change to a rack is the ability to get at the cables easily.

Its a right pain at the mo whenever I need to get at them :(

Reiner

I am using a custom made (modified actually) open metal rack with glass panes, cabinets wouldn't look that good and as mentioned by some others it's easier to access and clean the equipment.

buns

Banned
Im going to buck the trend because I am using a rack which I customised a cabinet around!

It has one problem, as mentioed, ventilation can be a problem if you have hot running amps and such.....hence i need a ventilator.

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom