racist comments on bbc's england coverage?

Marc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after Michael Owen had his interview, and was mentioning all the great strikers he aspires to be like, Shearer, Lineker, Van Nistelrooy etc, Hansen, Lineker and Shearer were ribbing Ian Wright over not being one of the listed strikers, and I swear i heard him say "you know why that is........ i'm a brother"

by saying that, isn't he saying that Michael didn't include him because he's black?

Ian Wright is very tongue in cheek with a lot of his comments and I'm sure they all know that he didn't mean anything by it :D

Ian Wright is very tongue in cheek with a lot of his comments and I'm sure they all know that he didn't mean anything by it :D

very true- all meant as banter.

but could you imagine the outcry if the comment was said like that from one of the other presenters!!:eek:

but could you imagine the outcry if the comment was said like that from one of the other presenters!!:eek:

Nah, Wrighty would just have said "Hans, you're very fly for a white guy"!! ; )

I laughed out loud when he said that!

I was like "you can't say that wrighty!"

As a 19 year old this kind of language is common place. As above, its tongue in cheek and not intended to be taken seriously

But I do concede TV with sensitive types potentially watching (not necessarily anyone here) isn't the best time perhaps

i don't think Big Ron meant anything by it either.. :devil:

As the others have said , you did hear correctly , even what you typed was pretty much spot on . But without the pictures to accompany the words , it would be very easy to mis understand the comments .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom