Racing wheel woes

Zaichik

I've posted about some of this in the Forza Horizon 4 thread, but I didn't get any replies and, anyway, things have moved on.

I've just got a Logitech G923 racing wheel to use (mainly with FH4) and, far from making racing games more fun, it's making them less fun.

The whole thing feels really lightweight when you steer and it seems impossible to get your car to go in a straight line without constantly zig-zagging left and right. And then, just as I think I have finally got the car under some sort of control, it decides to randomly reconfigure itself, turning the car right off the road. Either that, or it stops responding altogether and I have to unplug it and plug it back in again to get it to reconfigure itself and start working again.

Any help with sorting this out would be greatly appreciated.

ZicoUK

I don't have a Logitech wheel but have a Thrustmaster TX. I can't really comment too much more than that for now as I haven't used the wheel in ages (last time I used it with my One X on F1 2018).

Have you checked if there are any firmware updates for the wheel? Other than that, try contacting Logitech as I found them very helpful a good few years back when I had issues with my MX518 mouse.

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
I've posted about some of this in the Forza Horizon 4 thread, but I didn't get any replies and, anyway, things have moved on.

I've just got a Logitech G923 racing wheel to use (mainly with FH4) and, far from making racing games more fun, it's making them less fun.

The whole thing feels really lightweight when you steer and it seems impossible to get your car to go in a straight line without constantly zig-zagging left and right. And then, just as I think I have finally got the car under some sort of control, it decides to randomly reconfigure itself, turning the car right off the road. Either that, or it stops responding altogether and I have to unplug it and plug it back in again to get it to reconfigure itself and start working again.

Any help with sorting this out would be greatly appreciated.
The Logitech G923 you have is it the Xbox/PC version with the Xbox buttons on the wheel?

Zaichik

Have you checked if there are any firmware updates for the wheel? Other than that, try contacting Logitech as I found them very helpful a good few years back when I had issues with my MX518 mouse.

Thanks, I updated the firmware yesterday, but it hasn't helped. I think I will need to contact Logitech.

The Logitech G923 you have is it the Xbox/PC version with the Xbox buttons on the wheel?

It's definitely the Xbox version.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom