Answered Racing TV to second Sky Q mini Box

TheCableGuy96

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We have just had Sky Q installed and pay a massive £24.99 per month extra just for the Racing TV channel.

However, if we want it on the additional mini box in another room we have to pay another £12 per month which is just a rip-off.

Is there anyway we can get the Racing UK channel on the second mini box without paying the monthly extra and still being able to watch 2 different things on the different boxes. For example, I thought about a magic eye or HDMI splitter but both would result in us having to watch the same thing on both channels.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Also I forgot to mention, we actually only want it on the mini box but not the main box. We also don't want to have to have the cables moved from the main box to go into the back room as we want 4K in the main room.

Do you actually have a Q Mini?
The £12 per month is what Sky charge for Multiscreen which is the Q Mini.

Hi,

Yeah a mini is in the second room and we pay for that mini box but Racing UK wants an additional £12 to put in on in that room as it's an extra room and it can't be on the mini box without the main box. This is because it's Sky Q and it doesn't have the cards like the Sky+ system where you could allocate it to a card.

Your SkyQ main box streams your viewing content to the mini box, I don't even think there is a card slot on the mini box ??
I would speak to the SkyQ customer service about this because what ever is on your main box you can watch on your mini box.

Your SkyQ main box streams your viewing content to the mini box, I don't even think there is a card slot on the mini box ??

Correct, there's no viewing card slot on the Mini.

what ever is on your main box you can watch on your mini box.

Not quite.
You can't view UHD content stored on the main Q box on the Mini.

Sky tell me they cannot send it to the mini box, only Racing UK can do this and they want another £12 per month. I'm guessing there isn't any way to do this without paying the fee then?

External channel providers have their own rules regarding access to their channels on secondary boxes. The Racing Channel does indeed want an extra subscription on top of the primary subscription to allow their channel to be viewed on a Mini.

External channel providers have their own rules regarding access to their channels on secondary boxes. The Racing Channel does indeed want an extra subscription on top of the primary subscription to allow their channel to be viewed on a Mini.
Thanks, Guess we will have to pay it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom