1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing for 24hrs on gt4?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by richmouland, May 8, 2005.

1. richmouland

richmouland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I would love to be able to win the Audi R8 and Bentley Speed8 (I am a huge le mans fan) but seriously dont have the time, patience or belief my ps2 would last for 24hrs switched on, to play it full lenght. Is there a way of pausing the gane to come back latter or do we have to sit and go blind for 30 hrs playing 1 race? Any ides would be good.
    Has anyone actually played it for 24hrs?

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Doesn't that B-Spec mode do that sort of thing for you. I thought the computer drove the car how you told it to, so you coudl just do that. Or have i got that wrong?

3. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    the bspec will drive for you the full 24hrs, you can even speed it up 3x in b spec but itll go back to normal speed when it pits in. You can even swap back and fourth between aspec (ie you ) and bspec during pit stops as well. The ps2 will take 24 hr play as thats what i did for all the 24hr races. If your not willing to leave it on overnight i guess youll never experience the bentley or audi supercars as you cant stop and save in the middle of a race.

4. richmouland

richmouland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers guys, B-spec mode it is then.

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    I'm sure this is all some ploy by Sony to shift a load more PS2's. They must be overheating and burning out left right and centre as people leave them on for days at a time doing endurance races! :D :rotfl:

6. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Just for a reference, B-Speccing the 24hr Nurbergring took me around 10 hours.

7. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    I'd be up for racing for 24hrs, just bring on the munchies :D

tris

8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    I may be missing something glaringly obvious but doesn't getting the computer to race your races for you kind of defeat the purpose of the game? I've always been of the mind set that games are things that fun & enjoyment should be derived from through playing them. Maybe i'm just getting old! :rolleyes:

Doing a 24hr race would be interesting but you'd need a few of you so that you could change drivers and the only situations that I could think of where it would be possible are if you were either all Students or on the dole.

9. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    I agree. One of the reasons i returned the game, the other i won't mention here.

Read the other day that you can setup a 75 lap race round Nurburgring online in Forza :clap: Should only take about 10 hours

10. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    I used to play some hour long games on GT3 with a mate and they were long enough - the last 15 mins were a nightmare as my hands were killing! Many a race was won and lost in those last few laps.

I guess what would be awesome would be if you could do an online endurance race! You would get together with say 3 mates and then say every 10 laps the control would shift to the next player. The two non driving players then watch the race, let their hands recover and chat about race strategy etc.