1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

racing Evoluzione XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Jeff, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Has anyone bought Racing Evoluzione for the XBOX, is it any good?

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Not as good as PGR imo, but still a better than average racer.
    Haven't had time to play it too much (still playing Tiger Woods 2003 :D ).

3. Tuco

Tuco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Terrible game:( crap handling, no feel whatsoever & twitchy beyond belief/ opposition appear to conform to a different physics engine, you get to watch them spin out only so far before an invisible elastic band suddenly pulls the car back inline whilst still accelerating away from you/ if one of the them touches the side of your car, then you will slow down even if its barely touching the corner ( clearly some kind of startrek traction beam )/ god awful sound effects & custom soundtrack features.... rent it first & see what you think.

Worst thing for me is its done by the same developers who did SBK series which i happen to love, so i was expecting a good driving experience.

4. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    My brother is the technical manager at Milestone, I played the game for a couple of hours last September. They have probably changed a few things but at the time I was quite impressed with the handling. It wouldn't suprise me if Infogrames made them 'tweak' the gameplay.

5. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I have to say one of ther best all round racers on the next-gen market at the moment. Very arcadey, stunning visuals and appreciation sets in as you progress through classes. A great little interface with various departments in your mini-empire expands to suit your success..which is just a bit if fun.
    I'm a big racing fan and have to say as you near the end races with the dreamcars, the sensation of speed is unlike anything I've experienced on a home console to date.:) as is the satisfaction of almost bouncing round a corner at 150+ and holding the road...