Raceroom.net - Simbin

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by BSNismo, Nov 27, 2010.

1. BSNismo

BSNismo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,368
    Simbin has just launched RaceRoom.net, a brand new online portal giving all their racing titles and leagues a central hub.
    To celebrate the launch, a free game will be released on December 1st – RaceRoom The Game. The free title features the Hockenheimring and two cars, the fictional F1-inspired Formula RaceRoom and the Chevrolet Camaro.
    Until the free download will become available next Monday, you can check out a video trailer below. Click here to explore the brand new RaceRoom website and all it has to offer including forums, stats of all your Simbin title activity, exclusive downloads, leaderboards and more.

Home » RaceRoom Online

YouTube - RaceRoom The Game

May interest some, not for me personally as it looks exactly the same as EVO which i bloody hate :thumbsup:

2. BSNismo

BSNismo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,368
    This is now out to anyone interested and while the game is ok nothing special i do like the actual site and what they are trying to do. It looks like they are tyring to be like iRacing and you can compare laptimes with mates etc. Could maybe get a hotlap thing going with this?

Anyway only had a quick blast and it's ok if a little dumbed down tbh, really don't get why they have added the bloom as it wrecks car sims IMO, but at least it's limited unlike other games, really don't like it but the lighting seems slightly punchier than EVO which i do like! But it's still the same drab cockpits and overall just EVO graphically but will say the track as always by Simbin is fantastic!

The sound of the Camero though is very nice! Anyway give it a go chaps, it's free and the FFB for a start is miles better than F12010 which for me is a win right away. The fake F1 cars are really funny though and so obvious a ripoff....LOL

Couple of grabs as i only has a quick blast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  3. SuperSportBilly

SuperSportBilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Thanks for that - Is this a development of the Real Time Racing engine which did feel like an upgrade over Race On / GTR Evo etc. I think the RTR concept is still on track for next year so this looks like an offshoot.

Downloading now - as you say a free hotlap competition :)

Cheers

4. BSNismo

BSNismo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,368
    I will start the ball rolling then with a 1:14:7 just did 30 minutes then. Uploaded it to the leaderboard and it showing. Hopefully we can get a freinds list together on there. Messy lap and at least 2 secs too find no problem.

Usernames

Nismo - Nismo122

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  5. SuperSportBilly

SuperSportBilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Couldn't find you on the leaderboard Nismo - which car / track combo was this - Pro mode I assume.

I had a quick go in the F1 type car - quite enjoyable - slightly canned FFB as per Evo but fun nevertheless - for free can't complain.

Did have one weird physics glitch - spun the car and to spin it around dipped the clutch floored it to do a 180 - the car spun around but then flipped over on the spot- odd.

That said the driving itself was convincing enough - not a particular fan of that track but it is a technical challenge.

Cheers

6. BSNismo

BSNismo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,368
    Where were you looking? I just checked now and i'm still there, was 13th on the world board the other night now 21st. If you choose TT then choose the GP layout in the F1 car, then when in game if you select online hotlaps or whatever it says, it then brings up the leaderboard, cycle down to 21st i should be there.

Have not played it myself since but will do again tonight to get back into the top 20 cause i'm sad like that.

Yeah FFB as always with Simbin is very canned and i had a weird thing going on at high speeds with the wheel swaying. It's free i spose but yeah not brilliant and a poor showing IMO and i think that's why it's free. The Camero does sound wicked though.

And yeah Pro mode, thats what i like about that leaderboard aswell as it's like Forza and shows if guys are using the assists and what mode they use.

7. SuperSportBilly

SuperSportBilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Ah ok I was looking on the website which was a bit flaky didn't see a method in game will check that later.

C'mon GMC / BYF / Jonny et al - lets see what you've got :p

Cheers