• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

race engineer?

Fulham FTW

Standard Member
sorry if anyone has asked this before, haven't found it, but does anyone know who the race engineer is or based on because it kind of sounds like Rob Smedley IMO but a bit robotic anyone else have idea's?

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
I'm sure it's the guy who did the Big Brother voice over:D

Allblackdup

Sounds like Rob Smedley to me :)

Fulham FTW

Standard Member
it's kind of a weird accent and sometimes sounds like RB but other times it's just awful they could have given it an better accent.

Allblackdup

I've only just started playing it, but is it the same voice throughout your career? (Same bloke no matter which team?)

Fulham FTW

Standard Member
I've only just started playing it, but is it the same voice throughout your career? (Same bloke no matter which team?)

yeah it's pretty annoying being the same person but he's got such an emotionless voice it doesn't sound like it's coming from the same person

Allblackdup

Kinda hoping that's something they will improve on for f1 2011 later this year.... amongst other things

Fulham FTW

Standard Member
cars and tracks looked incredible until gt5 came out that's now the benchmark codemasters are really going to have to step it up to match it.

Allblackdup

Agreed! But I also wonder whether they will build in new things like KERS and the use of DRS in races....

Any other things that make it more realistic whilst keeping the fun factor and playability would be great!

Fulham FTW

Standard Member
Agreed! But I also wonder whether they will build in new things like KERS and the use of DRS in races....

Any other things that make it more realistic whilst keeping the fun factor and playability would be great!

I was kind of hoping that the F-Duct would be used in F1 2010 because they had plenty of time to get it into the game but I guess because KERS and the DRS are a part of the rules and every team is using it (except HRT and MVRT) and F-Duct had the investigation on it and whether it should be aloud.

Redlap

Standard Member
Hi My first post! the race engineer is the actor who played the manager in the BBC series Hotel and is now a very popular actor Max Beesley, I think!

Allblackdup

Fulham FTW said:
Welcome to AVF!
Really? i like Max Beesley pretty good actor.

Welcome! :)

Are you sure? It really sounds like Massa's chief engineer Rob something or other to me...

Fulham FTW

Standard Member
Welcome! :)

Are you sure? It really sounds like Massa's chief engineer Rob something or other to me...

it does have his accent but Rob Smedley has a kind of excited voice and the game sounds a little flat and emotionless like when you win the title it's like congratulations and that's it i doubt if massa ever wins the title RS would be that boring.

Redlap

Standard Member
I'm not sure it is Max Beesley but after watching a tv series with him in it and then playing the game, I noticed how incredibily similar the voices are. I suppose there must be some credit somewhere naming the engineer.

PS Just took seven minutes of my time at Shanghai, and took off ABS as well, no Braking assist, medium TC, can't believe I cut it by seven minutes, 2.04 to 1.57. I'll sleep well tonight.

Does anyone know when the network wil be back up?

tillywiggles

Standard Member
WE think the race engineer on F1 2010 might be based on Matt Baker who regulary presents Countryfile or every year he does Crufts. He in our book is a serious contender!!! :)

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom