Race Driver: GRID

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else looking forward to this. I wasent sure when i read of them moving away from the classic Toca format, but after reading some previews and seeing some in-game footage, i am really starting to look forward to this now. Looks like the game that will finally push me iinto buying a new G25 wheel :smashin:.

Check out this pc footage (SD & HD) pc in-game HD footage, and also a developer interview with extended footage

scrrenshots

Plenty more info on the official forum

Hmmmmm. Looks impressive, but at the begining of the video it says actual gameplay footage and then it shows everything but actual game play footage. :confused:

Its about time they brought out a decent racer for the pc. :)

but at the begining of the video it says actual gameplay footage and then it shows everything but actual game play footage.

my understanding from the forum mods is that it is 'replay' gameplay footage (if you see what i mean)

Here some more video, some taken from the 360 version (click on the vid screen to see more listed). The drift racing actually looks good fun (didnt think it would appeal to me)

my understanding from the forum mods is that it is 'replay' gameplay footage (if you see what i mean)

If its Grand Tourismo style then its not in game. Fingers crossed its not like GT where the replays look nothing like the actual in game graphics.

I am looking forward to seeing this game in action. I take it it has online play? That would be great fun. :thumbsup:

So looking forward to this after codemasters DiRT which is one of the best racing games for the PC.:thumbsup:

There was a very good preview for this in last months Edge magazine. It does look interesting indeed, with the emphasis on a real feeling of driving (the sweat, atmosphere, tension etc) over the photorealism of which most racers exhibit. I don't know how it'll turn out but the preview was very positive! :)

Anyone tried the PC demo yet?
Yes, i meant to post on here afterwards,but been too busy playing it ;). Already pre-ordered my copy. Runs like a dream - constant 60fps+ with all detials maxed, and it DOES look as good as the replay trailer i originaly linked to.

Top job by Cdoemaster :clap:

if anyone else loves driving games, Race Driver: GRID Demo is now out on gamershell

http://www.gamershell.com/news_50284.html

i havent played it much as yet, but looks pretty sweet, get about 30fps at 720 on my q6600 and 7900GS would be interested in what some of the power monkeys on here get to fuel my upgrade urges :D

tsk missed this and posted my own thread :rolleyes:

im liking it so far, would love to get 60fps though :D

i get 60fps @ 720 on my 360 & PS3 :D:D

sorry couldn't resist

sorry couldn't resist

It actually runs at 30 fps on the consoles I believe, unless you were adding the two together.

Runs very smoothly at 1680x1050 on my E6600 with 8800gts with a little aa, definitely looks better than on the PS3

Its awesome on the 360 - quite a few tearing issues with the ps3 version (and some jaggies for good measure) nut it does look and play really well!

BTW - ordering the pc version from Shopto.net, as its the cheapest i can find @£19.99. Has anyone dealt with this company before, and had good service?.

thanks
joe

BTW - ordering the pc version from Shopto.net, as its the cheapest i can find @£19.99. Has anyone dealt with this company before, and had good service?.

thanks
joe

A mixed bag for service mate. Some stuff has come late.

A mixed bag for service mate. Some stuff has come late.

thanks for the heads up - think i'll pay the extra in that case - nothing more annoying than seeing the postwoman walk past our house on release day.

thanks for the heads up - think i'll pay the extra in that case - nothing more annoying than seeing the postwoman walk past our house on release day.

Nothing worst than curtain twitching to see if it arrives. Might be an idea to try the local supermarkets on launch day. :smashin:

sorry couldn't resist

That's alright, I'm getting double your framerate at above 1080p. ;) (Assuming that's 30fps on consoles, not the 60 you stated)

That said, I'm not impressed. It's pretty, but I don't like the Americanism and preferred the ToCA series of old.

I'd rather it go back to the BTCC!

thanks
joe
I've not ordered from them too many times, but stuff that I have has come on time. If you definitely want it on time then GAME always do it for me!

My PC's in need of an upgrade but it had no difficulty with the graphics despite them being quite impressive. Handling was a bit too sensitive on default but overall a very promising game if you like that kind of racer

Wow what a nice looking game. Running at 1920x1200 with 16xQCSAA and vsync on. Its smooth as a babies bum and very fast too.

I like the mustang level and the BMW ain't bad either but I am totally useless at the drifting round. :rotfl:

:thumbsup:

I am totally useless at the drifting round. :rotfl:

:thumbsup:
you and me both :)

BTW, dont know if you knew, but if you pause the replay, you can slow-mo backwards and forwards. I didnt think they'd included the slow-mo at first, for the demo.

joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom