Rabid (David Cronenberg -1977) coming to Blu-ray Disc

Finally, completing Cronenberg's classic collection on BD. Looking forward to seeing both Rabid and Shivers in all their Blu glory.

For me, I'd just like to see The Dead Zone arrive, then I have all the DC I really want. I mean there are others I'd possibly buy, but that's the only one I'm really keeping an eye out for.

Steve W

Arrow have just confirmed they're releasing Rabid on Blu-ray. No release date or details yet.

Steve W
They confirmed that ages ago, didn't they? Or am I getting my films mixed up?

For me, I'd just like to see The Dead Zone arrive
Same here, I'd love The Dead Zone on blu, I'm not sure if they re-released it at any point but the original dvd release had possibly the most horrendous image quality I've ever seen.

The Dead Zone is one of my all time favorites and I still can't believe its not out, it's part of the Warner distribution deal with Paramount and I'm still hopeful it will get a release in the US soon.

Worth a look is Fast Company which Blue Underground released on Blu some years back, one of DC's lesser known titles but still highly enjoyable.

They confirmed that ages ago, didn't they? Or am I getting my films mixed up?

It's been rumoured for a while.

Are you thinking of Shivers? That's coming from Arrow later this year, which leaves/left Rabid as the last of the early classics.

Next after Shivers/Rabid/The Brood/Scanners were Videodrome and The a Dead Zone, both of which were a lot bigger with far more mainstream stars (James Wood/Debbie Harry/Christopher Walken/Brooke Adams).

Steve W

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom