1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RA2/Yuri problems need explination please

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by nero0410, Sep 1, 2004.

1. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399
    Hi. This is the ORIGINAL game not some tacky copy. (Pics available if needed)

I had the original RA2/Yuri double pack game and played it online for the past few years absolutly fine.

I recently bought a laptop computer so that me and a mate can play the RA2 online both at the same time at my flat (as RA2 has two discs). I put one disc in my pc and one in my laptop. I installed the game on both my laptop and my pc with the same serial numbers that I got with the game on the manuals.

We played on westwood online on two different accounts for a few hours, but then it didnt let either of us connect. So I thought fair enough ill give it a few days and try again (thought the server might be down).

I have tried and tried getting it to work online since and it will not let me connect to the server even after: uninstalling....re-installing....creating new accounts....practicly everything.

I eventually had to buy a new RA2 and try that and it worked first time and my yuri disc works with it too, but my old RA2 is not able to be played online now.

Do I still have to have 2 copies of the game with their own codes to have one on running on my laptop and one on my pc so me and my mates can play online/lan etc I havent noticed it mentioned in the manual So I used the soviet disc in the pc and the allied one in the laptop... cos I think its a pain if you do cos Ive already bought the game twice now and that'll mean i have to buy it again :mad:

Please help and advise :)

Cheers :smashin:

tris

2. sjl

sjl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have not got a clue what game you are talking about lol but I would guess that the server has seen 2 of the same game version coming from the same ip address and banned your CD key :thumbsdow .

Is there a forum or admin section for the game you can ask the question on?They "might" unban your key if that is what happened (I really think it has as well) but they probably wont without some sort of proof as this sort of thing is done to stop game piracy.

Hope that helps

Steve

3. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399
    Hi,

Thanks for your help the game/s are 'command and conquer red alert 2 and (although it works now) the yuri expansion pack.

Im not sure if there is a forum or admin section i can use, but ive had the game for a few years so the receipt went ages ago. I could send them pics to prove that its a genuine bought product and even give them the old product key off of the book. I guess it wouldnt harm giving them a ring.

cheers

tris

4. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I played those games a lot online....using yuri to controll your ally's troops and putting yuris in battlemasters was fun - but cheap! :)

it sounds to me like your serial has been banned. there is no way around it really as westwood isn't in existence anymore. pm me and i'll see if i can find you my serial numbers - I have both red alert 2 and yuris.

CaM

CaM

5. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399
    Thanks for the offer but I have got it working now.

I bought another red alert 2 and used that with the yuri expansion on my pc and used the old redalert 2 on the laptop and they work just fine.

I just gotta buy another yuri expansion from somewhere now for my laptop. Plus I wouldnt use your serial number/s as it is not right to do that, thank you very much for the offer though.

Thanks guys.

tris.

P.s A friend of mine has been having problems just installing his. He puts the disc in and chooses install from the autorun menu but he only gets a windows message come up saying:

"setup.exe has encounted a problem and needs to close"

So he cant install it at all. (again this is another ORIGINAL disc with its own serial etc...) Does anyone have any ideas?? Any help wouold be most appriciative.

Thanks again

tris