R36 firmware now being pushed

Mod Edit: edited to conform to forum rules the whole doubling of speeds coincided at exactly the same time when BT was launching their own Infinity fibre optic network.

The Virgin plan was get as many people to sign up to a 12+ month contract and lock them in with a promise that their broadband speeds will be doubled in the next few months. Once you have enough mugs, shove the start dates back to sometime next year because the punters won't be going anywhere.
Nice theory. Now prove it.

Nice theory. Now prove it.

There doesn't appear to be that many people who've actually had their speed doubled. Or to put it another way, it seems that a lot of dates, vitually all of them, seem to have been pushed back from middle of this year to end of 2012/sometime next year.

And with Virgin's less-than-stellar record of customer service (the R36 firmware was promised back in Jan 2012), it wouldn't surprise me at all if the whole Usain Bolt promo (a damn good one too), was just a cynical attempt to prevent customers from leaving whilst signing up new contracts to lock in before they defect to BT Infinity.

Ummmm mines been tripled from 20 to 60 and I've not had to take out a new contract...

There doesn't appear to be that many people who've actually had their speed doubled. Or to put it another way, it seems that a lot of dates, vitually all of them, seem to have been pushed back from middle of this year to end of 2012/sometime next year.

And with Virgin's less-than-stellar record of customer service (the R36 firmware was promised back in Jan 2012), it wouldn't surprise me at all if the whole Usain Bolt promo (a damn good one too), was just a cynical attempt to prevent customers from leaving whilst signing up new contracts to lock in before they defect to BT Infinity.
All well and good, but not proof of anything.

And I had my speed doubled a while ago; though I did ask for it and got a new contract, which didn't bother me in the slightest as I have no intention of leaving VM anyway.

A few days ago I checked the hub settings and noticed the interface had changed. The new settings looks easier and user friendly.

However, with the old firmware you could see exactly what connection speed you were getting, (both down and upload). This was shown on even the earlier Ambit modems. I can't see on this new GI where this is shown. Anyone if this can be shown?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom