R3 We Were Soldiers DTS 6.1?

J

juboy

Anyone who owns this DVD know if the DTS soundtrack is 6.1 matrix, discrete or plain old 5.1?

I thought that any DD EX films were carried over to the 6.1 format in the DVD release, although the R2 release of WWS wasn't EX.

Any confirmation would be appreciated.

I believe the R2 is EX - it's just not advertised, As you probably know, the EX signal is carried in the sorround left and right channels (It's not actually 6.1 - it's 5.1 EX). Why would they bother removing it just for the R2? Seems like far to much work to me. I didn't know either region had a dts track. My R1 certainly hasn't.

The cheap region 3 disc is DTS

Yep, it's the cheap R3 version... which suited me as I don't watch extras and *thought* it would be at least DTS 6.1 Matrix for the reasons mentioned above and following on from Army Bloke's comments that if the soundtrack was EX (DD matrixed) - surely it would also be DTS matrixed also?

is it anamorphic though?

ad

Originally posted by juboy
surely it would also be DTS matrixed also?

I wouldn't bet on it. Best thing to do is go to dtstech.com and have a look to see if it was released in cinemas with an es track. If so, then the track will be on the DVD.

HOWEVER - dts 6.1 discrete IS NOT a theatrical format and is only available on DVD. The only es track you will hear in cinemas is the es matrix flavour. If it's not listed on the R3 DVD release on the dts web site, it's not 6.1 discrete.

Ah well, I can't seem to get a definitive answer on this as it's NOT listed on the DTS website even as a DTS encoded DVD, let alone ES.

I watched it through DTS ES (matrixed) via my amp and it sounded good enough.

BTW, it is anamorphic.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom