1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R3 Traffic

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Rambo John J, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +961
    I've ordered this from my usual Hong Kong supplier for about £8. I thought folks might be interested to know it's got both a DD and DTS soundtrack on it (optional subtitles in Chinese). Considering the R1 release reeks of "impending 2 disc special edition in 6 months", and the Uk version isn't a great deal better, I figure it's better to buy it again if you've spent less on the first release, and a lot of buyers don't even watch the extras anyway.
    I'm expecting it any day now so I'll post when it arrives as to how it looks/sounds etc.

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +961
    It's a non-anamorphic 1.85 NTSC transfer, but it looks very good without artifacts or smears or nasties of any kind. The 3 (2.0 surround, DD5.1, DTS) soundtracks are good too, nice and spacious, but possibly underused at the rear same as the US disc and undoubtedly the UK disc'll be the same.
    Just a trailer as an extra, but for about £8 I'm not complaining. I'd say the DTS soundtrack may well swing this one as there's nothing at all wrong with the picture despite not being anamorphic, and it looked nice on my 33" 4:3 screen which is pretty unforgiving when it comes to picture quality.

If anyone's interested I got it at www.dddhouse.com in the "Western" section. If you go to the site, don't download the software it offers you to display Chinese language characters and the site will then display in English. 10 days from order being placed to disc getting into my player.
    Hope this helps someone out.