1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R2 Twin Peaks @ Play

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by kevb, Sep 13, 2002.

1. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Play have the UK release of Twin Peaks Pilot And Episodes 1-7 listed for release on 04/11/2002 for £42.99. No details on if the pilot is the version with the original European ending or the
    altered for American audiences version. Now all we need is the second season.

http://www.playserver3.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=107802

2. skimber

skimber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like we miss out on the acclaimed DTS track :(

3. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'm torn between getting Region 1 (DTS, but 4:3 NTSC) and Region 2 (DD, and 4:3 PAL), assuming the transfers are from the same source. I've never been a fan on non-anamorphic NTSC video. The line difference in resolution is distracting.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will be getting the PAL versions. No way can I go for non-anamorphic NTSC (unless I had no choice).

I'd be interested to know if the pilot is the original broadcast pilot or the pilot that was turned into a movie (because Lynch had to stick to the terms of his contract).

I have the original pilot on R0 NTSC (it was only available as this prior to this point) but would love a PAL version.

Shame season 2 isn't being released at the same time. Perhaps they'll launch a massive Season 1 & 2 box set shortly - like they did with the VHS release. Now that would be nice and I'd happily pay large sums of money for it :)

5. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've only ever seen the pilot episode with the tacked on ending. What happens at then end of the original pilot. Does Lynch leave it open ended, for the series to then follow up the story?

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's a few differences but basically yes, it leads on to the series, as it's supposed to.

You can read all about the differences here:

http://www.twinpeaks.org/faqeps.htm#e10 (contains MANY SPOILERS!!!)

7. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I really need to see the end of season two again. I have only seen it the once when it was on BBC2 originally. The last three episodes were completely of their nut.:D Someone release it soon, please.:(

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never saw it when it was first broadcast, but my mate lent me his VHS boxset and I sat there night-after-night watching them and then re-watching them, rewinding, pausing, trying to figure everything out. I couldn't get enough of them! Great stuff. We talked about it for years so we were more than a bit delighted when we started finding websites that helped to prove or disprove our own theories.

The Fire Walk with Me movie is essential for further clues.

Great stuff - I won't regret a single penny that I spend on these and with 22 episodes in Season 2 (with the first episode being 96 mins and the others being 48 hours) compared to just 7 x 48-min episodes in Season 1, that's probably a good thing as Season 2 looks like it's gonna cost a fortune to buy on DVD :)