R2 Twin Peaks @ Play

higenbs1

I'm torn between getting Region 1 (DTS, but 4:3 NTSC) and Region 2 (DD, and 4:3 PAL), assuming the transfers are from the same source. I've never been a fan on non-anamorphic NTSC video. The line difference in resolution is distracting.

S

Squirrel God

I will be getting the PAL versions. No way can I go for non-anamorphic NTSC (unless I had no choice).

I'd be interested to know if the pilot is the original broadcast pilot or the pilot that was turned into a movie (because Lynch had to stick to the terms of his contract).

I have the original pilot on R0 NTSC (it was only available as this prior to this point) but would love a PAL version.

Shame season 2 isn't being released at the same time. Perhaps they'll launch a massive Season 1 & 2 box set shortly - like they did with the VHS release. Now that would be nice and I'd happily pay large sums of money for it :)

higenbs1

I've only ever seen the pilot episode with the tacked on ending. What happens at then end of the original pilot. Does Lynch leave it open ended, for the series to then follow up the story?

S

Squirrel God

Originally posted by higenbs1
I've only ever seen the pilot episode with the tacked on ending. What happens at then end of the original pilot. Does Lynch leave it open ended, for the series to then follow up the story?
There's a few differences but basically yes, it leads on to the series, as it's supposed to.

You can read all about the differences here:

http://www.twinpeaks.org/faqeps.htm#e10 (contains MANY SPOILERS!!!)

kevb

I really need to see the end of season two again. I have only seen it the once when it was on BBC2 originally. The last three episodes were completely of their nut.:D Someone release it soon, please.:(

S

Squirrel God

I never saw it when it was first broadcast, but my mate lent me his VHS boxset and I sat there night-after-night watching them and then re-watching them, rewinding, pausing, trying to figure everything out. I couldn't get enough of them! Great stuff. We talked about it for years so we were more than a bit delighted when we started finding websites that helped to prove or disprove our own theories.

The Fire Walk with Me movie is essential for further clues.

Great stuff - I won't regret a single penny that I spend on these and with 22 episodes in Season 2 (with the first episode being 96 mins and the others being 48 hours) compared to just 7 x 48-min episodes in Season 1, that's probably a good thing as Season 2 looks like it's gonna cost a fortune to buy on DVD :)

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom