1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R2 re-release of Shawshank Redemption!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Oct 18, 2000.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Just a warning to all Region 2 users! The re-release of the brilliant (so I've been told) "The Shawshank Redemption" is one of the worst transfers of recent times, in my opinion. Constant pixillation of the picture, and a shoddy disc all round, even with the booklet and postcards! Why not release the extended "Director's Cut" on DVD? Jeez, even that version exists on VHS from HMV, although it's been deleted now!

How many more sales do UK DVD companies need to loose, to companies who import from the States, before they get their asses into gear and start releasing quality versions of these films on R2 DVD, and not the shoddy junk we get now?! I bought the R1 DTS version of "Jurassic Park"! Far, far superior to the crappy R2 version!

Pooch

2. Paul4000

Paul4000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to use Region 2, but I don't bother now because it is a pile of puke. Anyone disagree?

I have the first R2 edition of The Shawshank Redemption (before I started using R1) and the picture is quite good in widescreen. Anyway I have the VHS and DVD versions.

3. Matt @ DVD Debate

Matt @ DVD Debate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The previous R2 one wasn't bad (if I remember correctly), but I sold it on and got the R4 version a while back.