1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r2 lord of the rings box set ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by steve1, Aug 2, 2002.

1. steve1

steve1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    is there any one out there. waiting for the r2 box set of lord of the rings. priced £32 99 i have booked this film on play .but its not out till november on r2 would like to know if the same box set is out to buy on r1 before november and if it will be cheaper than the region 2 version. many thx if you reply
    steve

2. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Extended verion is on a Worldwide release in November, only the 2 disc set is available now.

The R1 will probably be cheaper :) but you'll still have to wait as long. :(

3. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe the R1 version will definitely contain a bonus 5th disk of the National Geographic making of LOTR DVD, in addition to the trading cards and bookends. This has not been confirmed for UK R2 by EiV although rumours imply unlikely to get it.

Prices are similar but you have customs risk of duty charges importing from US as over £17.99 none of the UK onward shippers (which remove this) like Movietyme or Futureent have this up for preorder yet.

4. steve1

steve1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    ok many thanks. for your replys .i think ill hang on then till november for the box set . its got to be worth the wait i think