Quantcast

R2....first!?!?!

A

Arthur.S

Am I dreaming? 2 upcoming new releases; About A Boy, & Minority Report are both up for release as R2 before R1. Is this a first for big budget films?

Lux

Standard Member
Ice Age was also out in R2 more than a month b4 R1.
It's understandable that About a boy is out earlier in UKR2 as it is a british film.

Overall it is a nice idea, for once R2 doesn't get left behind.

Wedlock

Stuart Little 2 also comes out a bit earlier than the US release.

Greetz,

Shoka

Novice Member
Originally posted by Lux
It's understandable that About a boy is out earlier in UKR2 as it is a british film.
So is mean machine but that was released in the US before it was over here. Wierd really.

martian1

If the big american studios are that upset about us buying region 1 discs [RCE etc] they sould consider releasing ALL of their movies over here first. :) Think not!
This would make the impatient amongst us buy mainly R2, I find r2 discs much better quality wise then they used to be. We are even starting to catch up with DTS tracks and extras.

A

Arthur.S

Originally posted by martian1
If the big american studios are that upset about us buying region 1 discs [RCE etc] they sould consider releasing ALL of their movies over here first. :) Think not!
Jeeeez, think of the market for multiregion players that would create!!!:eek:

martian1

Well if they take up my suggestion i shouldnt have a problem finding a buyer for my old Pioneer R1 player moded for multiregion. :D
It might also cause the yanks to worry about our R2 RCE system created to stop them buying from abroad although, i am sure American folk wouldnt stoop so low!

Top Bottom