1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 Rush in Rio Non-Anamorphic

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Zone, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,177
    Thanks to Noel M over at TheDVDforums for highlighting this http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=230662 .

I'm still waiting for mine to turn up from PlayUSA and unfortunatlely it'll be going straight back and I'll be ordering the region 2 which isn't due for another month:mad:
    Why oh why do studio's this, have one region as Anamorphic and another not? I really don't see the point in it to be honest :confused:

I've been dying to see this concert too.

Hypothetically, if I was to unwrap and watch the disc, does anyone know what Plays return policy is like. The specs are not as advertised on their site and how else would one be able to tell a picture wasn't anamorphic without watching it in the first place :rolleyes:

2. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +444
    I got mine in from play usa this morning. First thing i noticed was that there is no dts as stated on play,it has DD 5.1 and stereo only.

The dts was the main reason that i ordered the r1 now instead of waithing for the r2,but as soon as i started to watch it i forgot all about the lack of dts because the DD is very good.

I have to say that i wasnt even aware that it is non-anamorphic,the picture quality for a live concert video is superb.

If you like Rush even a wee bit then get this,i can definitely recommend it.:clap:
    Its just a great pity that they never brought the Vapor Trails tour to the UK. :(

3. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,177
    Ron
    Glad your happy with your copy, the non inclusion of DTS wasn't an issue (it would have been nice though) or suprise for me as I'd received an email from Rush.com advising that the mention of a DTS track had been an error ;)

What does bug me is everywhere (including Rush.com) had the R1 release down as Anamorphic and it isn't, though the R2 is!! Why is that :confused:

Anyhow mine has arrived today and I'll give it a spin, have also spoken to Play and they have apologised and said if I am not happy I can return it for a full refund :clap:

Now for a Chicken Jalfrezi, an ice cold beer and some classic tunes from the maestros. :clap:

All the best