1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 phantom menace

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stranger, Jan 6, 2002.

1. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need to crank the volume more than usual on this disc, even then speech is low,using dd5.1 track. no problems with any other disc 260 plus. any one else had similar?

2. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    I cant speak for your particular disc as i have the R2 version and it is fine,but i have definitely noticed different volume levels on some of my DVD's.The sound on Vampires(R2) is noticeably lower. I think it's just down to the way the disc was made,in the same way as audio CD's have differing volume levels. Personally i find it a bit annoying,but unless the volume on your disc is ridiculously low i dont think there is anything wrong with it.

3. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Stranger, it's not your imagination. PHANTOM MENACE is recorded low. Just turn it up louder and it will sound like any other DVD. One could only wish that the volume control would leave Jah Jah at the reduced level, and completely amplify only the other, fully sentient beings. Best wishes!

4. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks rachael&ron I am happy now apart from jar-jar.