1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 Matrix Reloaded,rattling in player.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by smallman28, Oct 7, 2003.

1. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took my copy over to my mates house and stuck it in his Samsung 224,to my surprise it rattles like mad for the first 2 chapters.
    I thought that maybe the disc was bent but using a straight edge it is perfectly flat.
    I tried it on my Pioneer 444 when I got back home and it seems okay but the disc does make some noise for the first couple of chapters although you have to put your ear close to it to hear it.
    I then tried it on my parents player that is a Samsung 224 and it was rattle city again,weird.
    I take it the that it goes after the first few chapters as the speed of the disc has changed as the head moves across the disc,yes?
    Strange as to what might be causing it at all though and why so pronounced on the one player type.

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    that be the disk trying to get out into the real world then.................:D :D :D :D

Gary

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,907
    It's probably that the hole isn't in the middle of the plastic so its weight is unevenly disributed. As the laser tracks the disc, the rotational speed varies. I guess that, during the first few chapters, the rotational speed coincides with a natural vibration of the player so the two things reinforce (like an unbalanced wheel on a car - it only wobbles noticeably at a given road speed). As the disc slows down during tracking, the sympathetic vibrations begin to cancel rather than reinforce.