1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 DVDs: Annoying packaging!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Marc, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    Does anyone else agree that R1 DVDs have really annoying packaging? There's actually several things i dislike about them.

1) The security stickers on 3 sides of the amaray case to stop it being opened, which in some cases weld themselves onto the plastic of the case making it hard to detemine where the sticker ends and the case starts! In the past couple of weeks i've torn the cover of Open Water and Anaconda trying to get the bloody things off! :mad:

2) The security tags inside the boxes. OK so you get these over here too, but i've not yet seen them stuck onto cardboard digipaks over here, unlike US/CA and they are impossible to remove without tearing the Digipak :mad: Angel season 2 and Robin Hood POT Extended have both suffered that fate recently! What was even more annoying about the Angel one was that whoever stuck the tag on, stuck it under the plastic disc tray on the digipak, yes that's right, they prized it half off the card!! :mad:

3)Case locks.. what is the point? It's not like there's bleach inside the case.. it's a disc for pete's sake! It's just frustrating for those of us with no nails! I've only got 2 like that; Daylight and Deep Impact.

2. Kaotician

Kaotician

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I 100% agree with you. I wish there were more I could say, but you've nailed the issues bang-on - although I can add that on a couple of occasions I've had TWO shrinkwrap layers to tear my way through before getting to the security strips/stickers on all 3 sides, then the side clips, then finally peeling off the security strip.................

3. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you completely I hate those security tags. Luckily I haven't had an digipacks from the US/Canada!

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    No offence, but i'd want all those security devices on a DVD case that has Open Water, Anaconda, Daylight or Deep Impact inside to save me from the pain of watching them. :D

5. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    ... then you'll probably laugh when i say i just did it again to my new predator 2 special edition dvd!!!

6. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    I hate those security stickers aswell, why cant they just put on ne instead of 3, i ripped the top and back of my amary case tryo to removie them. Those "pull here" bits dont work either.

7. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I have a good way of opening these cases with the security stickers.

Use a sharp blade like a stanley knife,
    Cut lightly from left to right exactly down the middle where the 2 sides of the case meet. This way you dont see any damage.

Open the case then peel the 2 sides of the sticker. It come off really easy once you have the case open.

Try it, it works really well and saves a lot of time.

8. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    :laugh:
    Predator YES, Predator 2 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :thumbsdow