Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

R1 DVD problem with Tosh 220e

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by homer42, Apr 11, 2003.

1. homer42

homer42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have used multiregion Tosh 220 dvd for several months and successfully played region 1 discs. Yesterday received delivery of Panasonic PL1 TV and plugged dvd player into RGB scart. Now toshiba refuses to play region 1 dvds - error msg says not authorised. Is this just coincidence? Any ideas how to solve?

2. BeadleMachine

BeadleMachine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Homer,

Don't know if this is relevant but I have the same TV as you. When I play R1 discs on my Pioneer DVD player via RGB I get a flickering problem.

However, the discs do play properly. Is this error message coming up on your DVD player? If so I think it is just coincidence - I can't think why your TV would suddenly stop your DVD player from playing R1 discs :(

Cheers,

BeadleMachine

3. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this problem has been mentioned a few times try a search

something to do with the chip resetting itself

I think the solution was to burn a cd disc from net and play it in player which recodes the chip

but as i say do a search for a detailed solution

4. CYRUStheVIRUS

CYRUStheVIRUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    hi homer, make sure in the setup that pal/auto is selected as auto and then switch machine to standby and back on again.(worked for me when i had player unplugged for a week) maybe reverts to factory settings but may be talking nonsense:D